VAT Return Submissions

I received a letter from HMRC stating that from 8th April 2021 I can no longer use QF to file my returns.
As a lot of my clients also use QF and did not receive a letter I thought it maybe a scam but now I am trying to file my return, and clients returns and can no longer do it.
Please let me know what I need to do as I can not even access the return detail?

Thank you

HMRC are turning off the old pre-MTD online submission API. In order to keep submitting the returns directly from QuickFile you will have to register for MTD.

If you are under the threshold where MTD is compulsory then the alternative is that you can still generate your returns using QuickFile (with online filing disabled) but once you’ve saved the QuickFile return you would need to transfer the box totals by hand to the HMRC web form to actually submit it.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your reply.
We are already registered for MTD which is how we have been able to submit the returns via QF?

Nicola

Hi @nicola

If you are registered for MTD then you can continue to submit your returns, you may have used the old method recently which would have triggered that email.

It may be worth going through this guide to make sure that everything is set up correctly: Making Tax Digital: Troubleshooting

Hi Beth,

Thank you for your email. I am signed up to MTD and have been submitting return via MTD since the quarter ending March 2019 via QF.
The error message is below which QF is showing…?

You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN 207985380. Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update.

Nicola Harkin

NH Bookkeeping Solutions Ltd
20 Lodge Way

Mickleover, Derby.
DE3 9BE.

Check your vat settings make sure enable Mtd is ticked. Check your hmrc connection settings delete any showing and re authorise your link to Mtd again. Making sure you log in to your ASA account and not your old vat account. Go through the process and see if that fixes it.

Hi Paul,

I have disconnected the MTD authorisation and signed up for MTD again.
I think I now have to wait 3 days for a confirmation from HMRC but am unsure why this seems to be just the case for me and one of my clients, the others seem to be working fine?

Nicola Harkin

20 Lodge Way

Mickleover, Derby.
DE3 9BE.

Something doesn’t sound right. You can’t sign up again if you have already. And as you received a letter which is only sent to those who arnt signed up it sounds like an hmrc issue.

Hi @nicola

As @Paul_Courtier mentioned, if you’ve managed to sign up for a second time, it’s worth getting in touch with HMRC to make sure everything is all OK on their side.

The error that you’re seeing (Not authorised) means that either it’s the wrong HMRC account, or you’ve not signed up to MTD. I would hazard a guess it’s the latter in this case. But getting in touch with HMRC should hopefully clear this up.

Hi Matthew and Team,

I’m not sure what has happened but I disconnected and deleted the connection on QF. Then re applied for MTD with HMRC.
I received conformation from HMRC this morning, have re connected the account with QF and managed to file my return?
Not sure about what went wrong but I am please it now seems to be working again.

Thank you for your advise.

Nicola Harkin

20 Lodge Way

Mickleover, Derby.
DE3 9BE.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.