VAT returns not pulling sales data

Hi - I have been trying to set up my VAT return. I have put in all the data on invoices and even marked them as paid, however these are not appearing on my VAT return.

The VAT return is pulling the expenses data but not the sales. I am on Cash accounting.

If anyone can help please?!

If your on cash accounting then the date of the payments must align with the vat period. Have you checked?

Yeah the period I have chosen and the entries for sales and expenses align yes.

It’s for the period Sept to Nov. the expenses are getting pulled but not the sales

With cash accounting it’s the date of the payment that matters. An invoice dated during Q1 won’t necessarily be included in the Q1 return even if it is marked as paid, if the date of the payment falls in Q2.

If the payment dates line up then all we can suggest is to use the “export” button on the return preparation screen to get a CSV of exactly which entries it has included, which should help you clarify the logic.

Yep I’ve checked all that. It’s all correct. Did the export and the csv shows there is no data pull on sales

Have you looked at setting the correct start date for the Return…under Reports/VAT returns/Settings/VAT filing start date

That’s correctly set up and not the issue

Hi @Arjun

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having problems with this and that none of the suggestions are correct for your situation.

I’ll send you a private message shortly to see how we can help you further.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.