VAT Rolled Back - Needs Re-submitting

Hi, I tried to submit my May to July VAT return earlier. The form filled in OK but then I got error messages (I think from HMRC) when I clicked “Submit”. I tried several more times to raise the return (using “Create”) and kept getting HMRC errors. At one point I Rolled it Back thinking it had errors (which it didn’t). I left it for a couple of hours and went back to try again. Clicking on “Create” now shows that it landed at HMRC and “View” shows it to be correct. HOWEVER, if I choose “Reports - VAT Returns” (ticking the “Show Rolled Back Returns” option) it appears at the top of the list as Rolled Back, but without any HMRC transmission data in the “Details” column. So: I have no electronic receipt for a return that has apparently successfully landed at HMRC, AND my VAT Return is stuck open (i.e. rolled back with unlocked transactions). Please advise! Thanks

Hello @Director

Another user had exactly the same issue

the return submitted, did not show a receipt id and was “saved”, they rolled back as you did.

Please see the steps in the link below to reconcile the period

https://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/vat-submitted-but-qf-shows-not-sent/47785/4

I have no electronic receipt for a return that has apparently successfully landed at HMRC

You should still receive a confirmation email from HMRS separate to QuickFile

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.