VAT Submission Problem

Having problems submitting my vat return.
I could see my VAT return on screen. Now I get a grey box saying Im not administrator for HMRC. Probably I have done something wrong and messed up .can you help.

Lee

Hi @leeh

Are you able to post a screenshot of the error you’re seeing please, just to make sure I’m looking in the right place?

Please remember to remove any sensitive information.

When I press submit I get this screen. By email I get

rgds
Lee

Hi @leeh

Are you enrolled on MTD?

I didn’t enroll. I’ve just been submitting vat returns. This is the first problem. how do you complete that.

If you’re under the VAT threshold (and registered voluntarily), you don’t need to register and the method you’re using is fine.

The error is returned to us directly by HMRC, and from what I can tell, it just means the login details you’ve supplied to QuickFile don’t match what HMRC are expecting.

If you are over the threshold, then unless you’re exempt, you should be registered for MTD - HMRC should be able to confirm this for you.

If your not enrolled to mtd you can submit your vat figures from the hmrc website. This will allow you to submit within the deadline until this gets sorted.

But the error means you have inputted the wrong vat login details or vat number in quickfile

I am enrolled in the HMRC MTD now. Ive just clicked on create vat return and it connects me straight to HMRC and just shows the last three vat returns in a box. Wont let me do anything else. I have never had this problem producing and sending my reports through Quickfile. I wasn’t enrolled for the others but they went through fine. Very frustrating.

21:20:00 By ChRIS : The VAT Period you have entered 2020-01 for the VRN 143296805 was not found.

This was at the bottom of the Rolled back vat return

The error is typically from when you try to submit a VAT return through an older method but they’re registered for MTD.

If the open period isn’t showing on the list, unfortunately you would need to speak with HMRC about this. The list of periods (and their status) is live and sent to us by HMRC directly.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.