VAT treatment of reverse charge VS acquisition tax

Continuing the discussion from RE: reverse charge invoice on service purchase from eu:

Are there any updates on your side regarding the above question @Glenn?
I have not managed to find a way of differentiating the VAT treatment of services vs acquisitions from EC, but I might have overlooked something, so no harm in asking. :slightly_smiling:

I’m sorry no updates on this so far. For now any adjustments would need to be made manually.

Hi, this is probably the most needed feature! Any chances of this coming up soon?
It would also be good to change the name of the current box to “acquisition” to stop confusion between the two.

Hi @Filan,

It’s quite a complex change and will require a big chunk of our time and resources to get right. Due to the huge uncertainty around how VAT rules are likely to evolve post-Brexit it’s quite risky for us to invest significantly in this area, until we start to see clarity on how the VAT rules will be affected.

I appreciate this is probably not the answer you were hoping for, although we will keep an eye on the situation and update you as soon as we are able to review this further.