Voluntary Strike off procedure

I am proposing to dissolve my LTD company by Voluntary Strike-off. Do I need Prepare final accounts and a company tax return, and submit them to HMRC and Companies House, before making the strike off application to companies house ? Or do I make the strike off application first and then submit the final accounts after. Any advice would be gratefully received please.

You can only apply for strike-off once the company has stopped trading, and hasn’t traded for 3 months. Companies House and HMRC will expect a final set of accounts and tax return up to the end of the last financial period, or the date of strike-off, but it’s far simpler to deal with all the entries first and file a set of accounts before applying to strike off.
This is because any assets left in the company at strike-off automatically transfer to the Crown, so you need to make sure you deal with all that first.
It would be best if you speak to your accountant about this to ensure you also don’t incur any tax on the final distribution.

Many thanks for your advice.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.