Want to leave, how do I export my data

Hi. My account is saying I have gone over 1000 ledgers so is trying to charge me £45. I don’t want to pay and would like to leave Quickfile but how do I export my data as my account is now blocked until I pay?

Hi @raphoto

All accounts have a deferral period which would give you 2 weeks access, completely unrestricted. During this period, you can remove entries and review your account, and even export your data if you wish,

However, this deferral period can only be activated once, but that doesn’t mean we will stop you having access to your data. If you have used your deferral period, please let us know, and we can arrange for a back up to be sent to you by email.

We will of course be sorry to see you leave, but if you have any feedback, I will certainly pass it on to the relevant teams.

I have already used my deferral period once. I do believe if I could access my accounts and remove unnecessary ledgers it would be under 1000 again. But if this is not possible then yes please send a back up via email. I don’t want to leave but I can’t afford to stay unfortunately.

I used my deferral period and deleted a lot of unrelated Paypal transactions which took me back well within the limits but this must have happened again.

I feel a warning somewhere when you log in to say you are close to the limit would help, so I could try and solve the issue before I get to this point. Rather than when I have reached the limit just blocking the account would be helpful!

Thank you for your feedback. I’ll send you a private message to get some account details from you so we can see what can be done for you.

@QFMathew: the issue of being locked out when the subscription expires is a bit of a recurring theme. For me I when I switched business I was prepared, exported what I needed and estimated that I’d have free access again in time for any closing adjustments, but it seems to catch some people out. How about a little more visibility such as a warning when logging in of how your projected annual transactions are relative to the limit, and once exceeded how long until you’ll have access again?

And out of curiosity why just two levels, free and pro, rather than different fees for each size bracket? (Personally I think it’s very reasonable, but then one of my clients pays an eyewatering fee well into four figures for two users of Sage 200 which doesn’t even offer custom stationery or MTD filing. :laughing: )

Hi @JohnJ

Thank you for the feedback. We’re happy to work with users on a case-by-case basis.

I’ll pass your feedback on to our team however :slight_smile:

There’s only 2 fees based on the account size - free for XS, S and M accounts, and £45 for L and XL accounts.

(Prices correct at time of writing)

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.