Website Outage - 19th October

The flush DNS method is better, try that first.

I have tried it several time and on different computers and it didnt work.

Iā€™ve managed to log in but my paypal feed is not working?

Hi @Paulwk1972

Services are being restored. Weā€™re playing a bit of catch up at the moment dealing with a back log. Please bear with us, and it will be fully operational shortly.

Thanks for all of your hard work guys, all up and running again. Time to catch up.

Still nothing working hereā€¦

Gone again. Managed 1 invoice. will try again later.

Well that was short livedā€¦ Back down again. Guess Iā€™ll give it another 24 hours and see what happensā€¦

The work is piling up hereā€¦ Iā€™m not amused nowā€¦

Hi @David_Colley

Have you tried flushing your DNS as per the posts above? This is working for some users. If it doesnā€™t work, unfortunately the issue lies with your internet provider at the moment.

Access has been restored, but it takes some time for this to be updated throughout the internet. @ian_roberts explained it above:

1 Like

I seem to be up and running now.
Must say a big thank you to the team behind Quick File. Fantastic service.
Thanks

3 Likes

I canā€™t see anything for MAC Sierra users there?

Hi @David_Colley

@ian_roberts did post a link for Mac users, does this help?
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/website-outage-19th-october/13881/139?u=qfsupport

Have all the account been moved or are you still working in this?

The reason I ask is I have two different accounts and through two different Internet connections, ie 2 different sets of DNS servers, I can only access one account.

Thanks

Hi @Stephen_Cummings

All access is online. However, because accounts run on sub domains, you may find that the DNS for one domain is still using the old IP address, whereas the newer one is using the new one.

Hi,

Flushed the DNS as per your guidance but i am still unable to access any of your servers.
Are some internet providers still having problems???

It can take some time for internet providers to update their records too unfortunately.

If you are technically minded, updating your routerā€™s DNS servers to the Google public ones (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) may help resolve the issue.

However - for anyone reading this, I would only advise changing the DNS servers on your router if you know what youā€™re doing.

1 Like

Changing the dns settings locally on the network adaptor as opposed to inside the router also worked for me, easy to revert back later if you wish.

1 Like

nothing Iā€™m afraidā€¦

Hi, after this is all over, you may be interested in this: https://maidsafe.net/. Itā€™s a distributed, crowd sourced, server system. And thank you for your work in sorting out this problem - as a start up I appreciate your product, service and approach.