Where did this transaction originate from?

Hi,
I’m new to Quickfile so apologise if this has already been featured elsewhere.
I’m trying to (quickly) finalise my year-end accounts and have come unstuck with a few transactions that have a “?” and where did this transaction originate from.
Your comments on how I go about resolving this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Hi @motorbykcourier

If you open your transaction list (Bank Statement view), you can see an icon (e.g. a cloud) next to the transaction name, if you hover your mouse over this it should bring up where the transaction originated from.

If you need any further help, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Hi QFSian,
Thanks for your response.
When I look at Chart of Accounts / Current Account there are transactions that a question mark on the RHS of the description - when hovering over the ‘?’ it states where did this transaction originate.
I’m thinking that I need to assign this ‘somewhere’ in addition, even though its tagged?
Sorry I’m coming from background of spreadsheet accounting and haven’t quite grasped the double entry system yet.
Thanks again.

Hi @motorbykcourier,

If you are seeing the question mark here then this usually means that you haven’t tagged that particular transaction. If you go to your bank account view you should be able to see all of the untagged transactions and tag much easier from there.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.