Why am I being charged for Quickfile?

I set up Quickfile for a small charity with the understanding that it would be free.

Today I have tried to login and they are charging £54 as they say it is a large account. I can’t login!

I only work part part-time for the charity and 2 days ago I uploaded the bank statements for three months. Has this made it a large account? I had not used Quickfile since early in June and had not used my ‘monthly usage’ during this time.

Please help asap as I need bring the account up to date and the charity is unable to pay for Subscription.

Really annoying.

Hi @artrefuge

All accounts are graded based on their nominal ledger entries - XS, S, M, L or XL. Accounts with 1,000+ ledger entries (that’s L or XL accounts) are required to pay £45.00 +VAT per year.

This is outlined on our pricing page here

I’ve taken a look at the account associated with your forum account, and can see that you have 1,104 ledger entries which have been created in the last 12 months. This means your account is graded as L, and has caused the notification regarding the charge.

You can however defer this for 7 days if you haven’t done so already (there’s an option on the left hand side of the payment screen), which will give you 7 days free access. In this time, I’d recommend taking a look at the following guides and checking out the ledger count, so you can see how this is broken down for your account:

Account size explained
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/account-size-explained/8781

What items make up your ledger count
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/how-to-determine-what-items-make-up-your-ledger-count/9384

How to check the size of your account
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/how-do-i-check-the-size-of-my-account/9317

We are also able to provide a 50% discount for charities. I would just need confirmation of your account number and charity number.

That’s great - it gives me time to try and get the charity to pay. However, I don’t see a option to defer on the payment screen?

You can however defer this for 7 days if you haven’t done so already (there’s an option on the left hand side of the payment screen), which will give you 7 days free access. In this time, I’d recommend taking a look at the following guides and checking out the ledger count, so you can see how this is broken down for your account:

You’ll find this on the left hand side, similar to the below:

Is the charity registered with the Charity Commission too? If so, I can apply a 50% discount to the account for you. All I would need is your charity number

Unfortunately, I can’t attach a screen grab but my page doesn’t have the ‘defer for 7 days’ option!

Charity number 1114353 - we are registered and file with the charity commission. Quickfile reg 6131477868.

Apologies for that - I’ve manually activated that for you, and added your charity number. When it comes to paying, you will now be asked for the reduced amount.

Please let me know if you need any further help :slight_smile:

I am in a similar position to this enquirer - I am a volunteer trustee, acting as Treasurer for a relatively small charity managing a local community venue and just received notification that I have to pay for continued use of Quickfile (currently deferred for 3 days). How is it best to share charity details to qualify for discount? Is it possible to make payment by cheque?

@Goldsmiths_Treasurer I have sent you a private message to get your registered charity number and your QF account number. I will activate the 50% discount as soon as I have this information, thanks.

I use Affinity and I am also the treasurer for a church who I have on Affinity, does the 50% discount apply for a charity on Affinity?

Hi @George_H

Unfortunately not at the moment. The 50% discount only applies to the Power User Subscription

Do you offer the same discount on Power User Subscription to Community Interest Companies (C.I.Cs), which are also non-profit distributing due to the asset lock.

thanks

Jon

Hello @jontrev

The discount is available to any entity registered with the Charities Commission. If the CIC is registered with them, then we’re more than happy to apply the discount for you.

A post was split to a new topic: Apply Charity discount

This topic was automatically closed after 53 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.