Write-off supplier balances

I want to write-off a small supplier balance that will never be paid. How do I do this?

Hi,
To write something off it has to be 180 days overdue, I think. If the time scale has past a button appears on the invoice screen unter more options.

Hope this helps

Sorry, although the invoice is 233 days past due, there is no button to perform a write-off. So I am still not clear about this…

From memory, I think a button appears after 6 months to write off an unpaid SALES invoice that a customer of yours has not paid.

You say its a supplier balance that’s unpaid. Suppliers invoices are usually PURCHASE invoices which can be cancelled simply by deleting the invoice or if its locked, by creating a credit note.

Thank you for the response, but I don’t want to cancel the whole purchase invoice, only the part of the invoice balance owed. I would have normally written this off to a write-off account in the nominal ledger via a routing for processing write-offs just like a credit note. Unfortunately, the balance cannot be handled by credit note because the bank account balance is uplifted to show that balance as an income.

I’d go the credit note route but tell it to make the “refund” from a dummy bank account like drawings/DL and then make a journal to move the balance from there to your write off code.

1 Like

Thank you, it seems a bit of a faff… I understand your approach but I was looking for a more direct route.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.