Year end error

Is this a quickfile issue. I didn’t have this last year?

Hi @JoeT

What’s your year end date set to in your account settings?

Hi @QFMathew

So, I have just popped into settings to look at this, and as per the screenshot above, its always blank. But when I go into reports and bring up P&L reports it shows the year end as the end of the tax year?

Is there any way to reach out to support quicker as I think there is something wrong with the way that the account is working.

I’ve just tried to close my year-end and the same error has come up - never had it before. My year-end date has always been in line with the tax year. If I look at Company settings==> basic settings now it shows the next year-end date as 05/04/2025.
In addition, on checking a few more year end transactions, I realised that I forgot to post a journal that must show in the 23/24 tax year but everything prior to 05/04/24 is now blocked…
Help, please!

1 Like

Glad it’s not just me :grimacing:. Luckily my tax return was done fine and last year was closed properly. Hopefully it’s fixed along the year.

Hi @JoeT

I’ve sent you a private message so we can take a look at your account.

@gardenman_2803 - I managed to locate your account. It looks like the latest year end process has been run and your next year end date is next year. If you’re seeing the same error message as Joe, it’s because your latest year end hasn’t finished yet.

If you’d like any specifics or have further queries, feel free to drop us a message) and we’ll take another look for you.

I’d like to roll back the lock on the 23/24 year-end closure to allow me to post a journal that strictly belongs to that year. Could anyone come back to me and guide me on this, please? Thank you.

Hello @gardenman_2803

To roll back a year you need to :

• Delete the year end journal (Reports > Journals)
  • Ensure the account lock is set back by 12 months (Account Settings > All Settings > Account Lock Date)

So, I delete the year end journal first. The Lock Accounts to: date is showing as 05/04/2024. Do I change this to 05/04/2023 and save to give me access the the 2023/24 tax year? If yes, I can post the missing journal and run the year end close again - correct?

Hello @gardenman_2803

So, I delete the year end journal first. The Lock Accounts to: date is showing as 05/04/2024. Do I change this to 05/04/2023 and save to give me access the the 2023/24 tax year?

Yes that’s correct

Steve, journal done and posted. Do I run the 05/04/2024 year end close procedure again now?

I mentioned to Mathew that I noticed I had forgotten to do this particular journal at the close of the 2022/23 tax year and, as such, the figure still shows on the balance sheet to 05/04/2023. Can I follow the same steps and post the journal for the 2022/23 year?

Hello @gardenman_2803

I mentioned to Mathew that I noticed I had forgotten to do this particular journal at the close of the 2022/23 tax year and, as such, the figure still shows on the balance sheet to 05/04/2023. Can I follow the same steps and post the journal for the 2022/23 year?

Yes you can just remember the year ends have to be run in order (don’t do the 05/04/24 year end until the previous corrections have been made)

Ah, ok. I’ve just gone ahead of you there and done the year-end close to 05/04/2024! So, does that mean I will have to:

1. delete that journal again (from reports==> journals)?
  2. then delete the year end journal for the 2023/23 year, ensuring that the account lock shows as 05/04/2022
  3. Create and post the journal that I need
  4. Re-run the year end close for the 2022/23 year with the year ending date of 05/04/2023
  5. Re-run the year end close for the 2023/24 year with year end date of 05/04/2024

Does that sound right?

Hello @gardenman_2803

That’s right, spot on :+1:

All sorted now - thank you so much for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.