Yodlee 2 factor

Hi,

It seems that all my banks use 2 factor authorisation as none of them automatically update - that is Lloyds, RBS and TSB. Yodlee is a nice idea if only they could work all accounts automatically.

Gary (aka Disappointed of Benfleet).

Hi @GaryWilliams

I believe the Lloyds feed at least can be automated. Bear with me - I’l just checking this with a colleague and will come back to you shortly.

[Edit]
With Lloyds, RBS and TSB, you can set it up to use a memorable word rather than using multi-factor authentication. This will allow it to be automated. Please let us know if you need any help with this.

You may find the following useful:

Every time you log in to Internet Banking you’ll be asked to enter 3 randomly chosen characters from your memorable information. If your memorable information is “Example123”, character 2 would be x, character 8 would be 1. For more help with memorable information, see the log on / log out section of our demo.

Yes, that should do it, but how do I update my yodlee settings? Do I have to remove the feed and start again?

Gary

Removing the feed and starting again should work

Yes, that fixed the logging in problem. So get rid of any “authentication by card reader” and go over to “authentication by memorable information”. Now all automated logins work.

I have found that not all transactions are being picked up and I have to do a manual refresh. This is easier now that I don’t need my card reader, but will be nice if this would work on auto. I’ll keep an eye on this to see if it settles down over the next few days.

Cheers

Gary

Glad to hear that’s working all OK now. It should work automatically, so please don’t hesitate to let us know about any issues.

Can the same be done for HSBC? The HSBC app uses a memorable word rather than the security code currently required by Yodlee.

Hi @Bloomincreative

Unfortunately, although the app uses a memorable code, this is the only way to use HSBC with a code. Any other form of access with HSBC, requires to one time code.