Introducing Yodlee Bank Feeds

It can be any team member.

Cool, thank you Glenn

I have more than one bank account - does one Yodle subscription cover multiple accounts? Also I am nervous about storing my bank account credentials in a third party system - is it possible to opt to not have credentials stored and only do manual refreshes where I provide the credentials each time?

Can anyone help with setting up the Yodlee? I’ve bought the subscription selected my bank (RBS) but it’s asking for a USER ID. I only have a customer number PIN and password. Anyone any ideas?

Have you tried using the customer number as your user ID?

I’ve tried that, as well as my QF account number. Only moved over as QF download not available when logged into RBS site!! Annoying as used QF and bank feeds (Chrome) for 4 years now!

Yes. One Yodlee subscription covers the QuickFile account rather than individual banks. So you could even have one subscription for HSBC, Barclays, NatWest, and more.

Yodlee does have strong security. We have a knowledge base article dedicated to this here

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible. You may however wish to look at our Google Chrome plugin. This stores all your details in chrome itself, so they never actually leave your computer.

This plugin doesn’t support as many banks as the Yodlee feed, and it isn’t automated (it requires you to access the page and click a button or two).

The other thing you may wish to consider, is some banks (I’m aware that HSBC does this) allow you create a new user account to access the accounts, but you can limit what they can do (e.g. disable transfers, limit what they can see etc.).

The log in details would be specific for your bank account, so your QuickFile account details are completely separate from this.

What type of RBS bank account do you have? I’m not familiar with RBS, but looking at their website, they offer the choice of Bankline and Digital banking. I’ve just done a quick search on Yodlee during the set up process, and the one that’s listed as most popular is Bankline. If you do a search however for Royal Bank of Scotland, it will reveal a few options, including the two I mentioned:

I believe you may have a Digital account (although I could be wrong), as this seems to ask for a customer number, pin and password when trying to set it up.

Let us know how you get on, and if you need further help, please don’t hesitate to ask! :slight_smile:

Thank you. It all makes sense now. I didn’t see the search facility. I assumed that it was only the listed banks!

1 Like

I’ve set this up with a Co-operative Bank Business account, but it doesn’t seem to import anything.

I’ve waited several days clicked the ‘Refresh bank feed’ too. It asks me what date I want to import from, but then doesn’t find any transactions. There were about 15 transaction to import (I’ve subsequently imported them manually).

Also, when I click on ‘Refresh bank feed’ it asks me to put in the code from my code generator. If it needs me to d that every time I’m guess it won’t automatically update unless I log in and provide the code. If so, this is far less useful for me as it means my colleagues still have to wait until I import the data (albeit that now takes me a couple fewer steps). Or does it only ask for the code when the bank feed is manually refreshed?

Hi @AsherJac

I’m not sure why it wouldn’t be finding any transactions if it’s managing to log in all OK. I’ll send you a private message to get some more information regarding this.

If your bank relies on 2 factor authentication, such as a one time code, or a SMS, then unfortunately automated feeds aren’t possible. There’s more on this in our Yodlee article (here), but I’ve quoted that specific part below for reference:

Some accounts rely on multi-factor authentication for access (e.g. HSBC). In such cases Yodlee are unable to automatically connect and download your transactions, however you can still retrieve them within QuickFile by performing a manual refresh and supplying a multi-factor token when prompted to do so.

Ah, hadn’t seen that.

SO, have bought the subscription for two separate business accounts. Lloyds and HSBC. Lloyds didn’t go smoothly as it wasn’t clear how to login with memorable data and and a result had to use the card reader - the result, the bank “feed” doesn’t work. How do I revert to memorable data so this feed comes in automatically?

With HSBC, understand that with compulsory 2 factor authentication it won’t automatically update, but with just a week of past transactions I will need to update the feed every week. This is not what I signed up for and feel I have been sold a bit of a pup. The warning about 2 FA should have been far more prominent, IMHO.

Hi @HammerofPompey

I’ll send you a private message shortly to get a few more details off you. Please look for a green notification in the top right corner

I’ve paid for it but when I try to activate I get an error message

An error occurred while processing the request or session is invalid.

Hi @Simon_Allen

I’ll send you a private message to get a few more details from you.

Please look for a green notification in the top right corner.

I have signup for Yodlee two days ago, and it not pull the banking info yet. I have correctly been through the steps of the installation.

Can anyoneone help?

We’ll certainly try our best :slight_smile:

What bank are you with? Have there been any new transactions on your account since it’s been setup?

Barclays, and there about 10 new transactions

I’ll send you a private message now to get some more information. Please look for a green notification in the top right hand corner

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.