Yodlee and Santander Business Credit Card

Hi,
Is there a way to import my Santander Business Credit Card data? I’ve got my Santander business bank accounts synced via Yodlee and I use the same login on the Santander website to view the credit card information, but it doesn’t show up as an account when I try to activate a bank feed on the credit card account in QuickFile, so I’m guessing it isn’t supported. I’ve tried all the other Santander account types on Yodlee too.
Failing that, I was hoping to import the statements manually, but I also don’t appear to be able to do that. The Santander (TXT), Santander (QIF) and Other options just fail with a “Contact your system administrator” error with all of the various export options that Santander offers.
Thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard

I’m not sure if Santander business credit cards are supported by Yodlee, but I would suspect they aren’t if you’re not seeing them in the list of accounts.

We can look at the issues you’re experiencing with the import however. What file types do you have the option of when exporting the data? CSV is usually the better one as it’s quite flexible, but we’ll try our best to see if we can get one of them working for you.

Hi,
I also faced the same issue. Even when I download in csv format, Quickfile import deosn’t recognise the extract. I guess because csv is tab separated .

Hi @Ramesh_Mishra

Just to confirm - the CSV file from Santander is tab separated? If that is the case, then no, this wouldn’t be supported at this time I’m afraid. We currently only support values separated by commas.

However, regarding Yodlee, if it’s listed on the supported lists of banks, then it should be supported and work without any issues.

Hi Mathew,
No the Creditcard account doesn’t appear in the Yodlee integration drop down.

Hello,

I just thought I’d add a bit more to this because it got to the point where I really needed to get my Santander Business Credit Card data imported. I had a closer look at the files. The TXT option appears to be a fixed width format, with a few lines of generic stuff at the top. The QIF option looked best as that at least has some structure. They offer Microsoft Money or Quicken versions, but I did a diff on the two and they appeared to be identical. The reason that they don’t import into Quickfile is because they don’t have a P (Payee) element for each transaction - the Payee and Card used are both included under separate M (memo) elements. Additionally, the sign for the value is reversed, so all credits appear as debits and vice versa. And finally, they include a transaction for “Initial Balance” at the beginning of each month, which isn’t helpful.
Strangely, I noticed that this only happens when I am logged into my business account, from which I can see my personal and business cards. Exporting from either of these gives the broken QIF file format. However, I can also log into my personal account, from which I cannot see my business accounts, and export the same personal credit card data, from what looks like exactly the same page, and the file format is correct! Unfortunately, it’s the business card data I want.

So, in order to get the data imported, I manually went through the QIF files doing the following for each transaction:

1. Reverse the sign on the value
  2. Switching the M at the beginning of the payee line to a P
    Finally deleting the “initial balance” transaction.

Then it all imported without issue. I’ve pestered Santander about this, but they haven’t replied yet and I’m not particularly optimistic about getting a quick fix. I wouldn’t really expect Quickfile to support these broken QIF documents, so for now I’ll keep manually modifying the files, I just thought this might be useful for anyone else as it is marginally quicker than entering the transactions manually, and could probably be scripted if you’ve got a lot of data.

The optimal solution for me would be for Yodlee to start supporting the Santander business credit card in their feeds. @QFMathew: Do you have a support channel with Yodlee which you can use to ask them to do this? Looking at their website, there doesn’t appear to be an obvious way for non-customers (i.e. me) to make requests like this.

Many thanks,
Richard

Similar issue and can’t import Santander credit card data via Yodlee. Does anyone know if this will become an option soon?

Kind Regards,

Hi @FoW

We’re not aware of any plans for Yodlee to add this to their supported accounts. However, you should be able to import a .csv file for the time being.

Please let me know if you need any help with this