Yodlee feeds - how can I correct my bank balance?

I have just signed up to the Yodlee feeds. In all the time that I have been with Quickfile my account balance has been miles out and I never used it instead relying on my business account direct access.Now I have the Yodlee feeds I would like my Quickfile balance for my bsiness account to be the same - obviously. Knowing I cannot alter my OB I am not sure wher to go from here. I do not seem to be able to use Journaling to make the amendment. Advice welcome!

Whenever you want to change the balance on a bank account there has to be a matching other side to the transaction saying where the money came from or went. If the balance has been out because of personal transactions on the business account then it should be sufficient to add a manual money in or out transaction as appropriate tagged to drawings or capital introduced to bring it into line. If the difference is due to other things that are actual business income or expenses then you really ought to enter them properly and tag them to invoices and purchases to get an accurate P&L.

Thanks Ian. I think it is very historical and down to my own incompetence! I will look to see what I can do about it. Thank you very much for your advice.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.