Zapier - Invoice Notes mapping issue?

Hi,

I use Zapier to auto generate invoices when a new purchase is logged via a google forms integration. Part of my Zapier template includes inputting Invoice Notes on the QuickFile invoice. However, when the invoice is created, the notes are recorded to the Payment Terms field on the invoice as opposed to the additional notes field. I would prefer the payment terms field to be left untouched as it contains my standard payment information. Is the integration from Zapier mapped to the wrong field on QuickFile or vice versa? Please can you look into it?

Thanks

Hello @Gavin_Phillips

I’ve asked our development team to take a look at this and will report back shortly.

Hi, is there an update on this? Thanks.

Hi @Gavin_Phillips

No updates at the moment. As soon as I have any updates, I’ll be sure to let you know.

[Update]
@Gavin_Phillips - Apologies, this should be live. Can you check and confirm for me please?

Hi,

Yes, it works and the notes now appear in the additional notes field. However, the payment information field is blank on invoice creation and the standard notes do not appear? Manually I just click import default but my hope was to automate the invoice sending so this would be needed.

I’ll have to double check on this one. With our API we look for the related tag for these, and where it’s not supplied, it’s saved with the default. If the tag is supplied but with no value, it’s saved as empty.

The issue I foresee with Zapier, I think they will always provide this tag regardless of the value.

Let me check this out and I’ll come back to you as soon as I can.

@Gavin_Phillips - firstly, apologies for the delay with this, but I’m just coming back to you regarding your query.

With our standard API, you have two options:

• Specify the terms / notes as blank (but still supply it - just with no value), or
  • Omit the terms / notes all together

If they are supplied blank, they will be blank. If they are omitted, the default is used. This works fine in most cases.

However, this is where Zapier becomes a bit tricky. Even if you supply an empty value for the terms (and therefore implying “no terms”), Zapier doesn’t even send any terms data to us. By the standard API setup, this would imply “default terms”, when in fact the user means “no terms”.

So unfortunately, after some testing, this isn’t going to be possible I’m afraid.

What about if you supply a “value” that is effectively blank but not empty (just a single blank space or an  )?

That’s certainly an option, especially when it’s manually entered through something like Google Sheets (as I believe @Gavin_Phillips is using). I’m not sure how this could be used for a more automated method though (e.g. importing from another software package)?

Would be interested to hear other users thoughts on this.

U+0020 SPACE (HTML ) or ASCII 32, depending on software, should be your friend.