Zero cost invoices

Are there any timescales on development?

Zero value invoices are sometimes required. Not sure why there’s such a reluctancy to implement it.

1 Like

+1 from me. We need this for commercial invoices when sending samples overseas, for competitions, and also when we’re including FOC line items on an otherwise chargeable invoice. Credit noting the line afterwards makes no sense to the client.

1 Like

This is a very needed function. To be able issue 0 value invoices or give a 100%

It is very surprising to see as this thread created 5 years ago and lots of users already asked.

2 Likes

There seems to have been quite a lot of discussion on QuickFile about raising zero cost invoices, but the feature has not been added yet.

Zero cost invoices

Zero cost invoices are not a huge priority for us, but there are situations in which zero cost estimates are required:

• We need to obtain permission from a client to start work on a job that they will not be charged for (because e.g. it is covered as a part of another service they already subscribe to)
• We need to quote a client for a job that will be charged hourly but it’s not clear how long it will take

We work around the first situation by issuing an estimate for a nominal amount (usually around £1). We work around the second situation by always applying a minimum fee to our hourly charged jobs.

In the first case it would be a massive improvement to be able to offer a zero cost estimate. It is less confusing for the client and more professional.

In the second case it is not critical to be able to offer a zero cost estimate but would improve our flexibility as a business.

Please consider removing the block on zero cost invoices when the invoice is of type estimate.

Hello Adam

I have set this to a feature request to allow other users to vote and we can monitor interest.

1 Like

Thanks @QFSteve. Can you see this being changed in the imminent future?

Hello @Adam_Johnston

I imagen it would probably change in line with zero cost invoices which has had a lot of interest.

I cant say for certain as it would be a large piece of work and has a lot of implications (behind the scenes).

Hi @QFSteve
A zero cost estimates and invoices would be really helpful.
We regularly send FOC swatches and samples, and have to add a line for 1p, which makes the account look untidy, as we then have to raise a credit to cancel each time.
Thanks

1 Like

@Adam_Johnston @Tudor - I’ve merged this with an existing thread to keep everything together.

Chances are, if there’s a change made for invoices, it’ll likely be made for estimates. But for now, watch this space as any updates will be posted here.

1 Like