Website Outage - 19th October

@Tammy_Courtney - This does vary from provider to provider, but can take anywhere from 1 hour upwards. Some don’t even hold it for that long.

Ok an hour from when?

All the DNS from our side was updated throughout the night.

I’ve sent you a private message too regarding your support ticket - you should see a green notification in the top right hand corner by your avatar.

Hi, this is now having an impact on my business, I have invoices and purchases that can’t be finalised. I have flushed the DNS but still no luck getting in.
I really need quickfile team to sort this out please.
Thanks.

@vikstar - All access has been restored from our end. If you know how, have you tried changing your router or network adapter to use the Google public DNS servers?

OK, everything has been working well for the last 3+ hours since I changed the DNS on our router and on our computers.
Thanks again.
D

1 Like

hi there, i cant login into my invoice system, have you sorted the issue or are we still going to have issues like this?

Hi @Jonathan_Townshend

The issue has been resolved on our end, but may take a while to update on your computer. There’s more information in my post above

Any idea how often ISP update the DNS on their side? Mine still not working, tried to flush the DNS, but really i rather wait for ISP too update this now.

me neither :frowning: its more on the bus off the bus (more off the bus at the minute).

Still cant log in, really need access to my accounts right now!

@Sameera - This varies depending on your provider. You may wish to phone them. If you’re technically minded, you may wish to try changing your DNS settings on your router. A quick search on Google may help here

@Keith_Monaghan @Marcus_West - Please see my post above which may help explain why this is the case. All access has been restored from our end. Unfortunately, the internet needs to update their records to where our server ‘lives’ in order for you to access it.

Site is still down for me!

Hi, I don’t know how to change router to Google public DNS servers - please advise.

can it take more then 24 hours to update? To be honest i am not techy and really its not worth spending an hour on the phone with Virgin if it will sort itself out tomorrow. I just want to know how long to expect this to resolve itself.

Thanks

@vikstar - this varies from router to router. Doing a search on Google for something like “how to change the dns servers on xxxxxxx router” may point you in the right direction (obviously replace xxxxxxxx for the make and model of your router)

@Sameera - It should have sorted itself out by the morning, if not before

Thanks, i will wait then.

I really don’t see why we should have to change our DNS servers, it says on google only people that have good IT knowledge should do this. I don’t , I simply want to use the system as I need to get things done. Are you saying that if I leave this as it is until tomorrow morning it should be ok ? Sorry if I sound a bit rude but my customers want quotes / invoices and I can’t get them sent.

2 Likes

@vikstar - The reason you’re not able to access the system is because of the way the internet works. My post above tries to explain this (hopefully it helps!).

I can’t guarantee that you’ll have access by the morning as it depends on a number of factors, however I can’t see it taking any longer than that.

I’ve been following this since yesterday when the site went down, I’m now seeing everyone else is up and running and I’m still not :frowning: My computer is using OS X EL Capitan, anyone know how to help me?