Accountant login error - please setup a direct debit or credit

Hi there

I have set up a team account for my accountant.

With some trouble, she was able to finally gain access, using an affinity account. (see screenshot)

Now she has suddenly lost access, as she is being asked to “setup a direct debit or credit your account” - see screenshot.

I don’t quite understand why she should be paying to access my (already paid) account.

Can you please help me solve this, as we want to file our VAT return?

Many thanks!

Hello @tsomek

Affinity is a system designed for accountants and bookkeepers to access multiple client accounts using the same email address.

Affinity accounts are billed based on the number and sizes of accounts connected at a daily rate billed monthly.

The message she is seeing is to prevent fees building up on her account.

Does your accountant use Affinity for other clients?

If so
She will be billed in line with the Affinity billing outlined in the article below.
https://support.quickfile.co.uk/t/billing-explained/8826

If not
You would be better off creating an email address for her and adding it to your team management screen as a normal user.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick feedback.

She was forced to set up an Affinity account to gain access - I believe you had suggested it during the process (see here Can't create new team member for accountant - Email address has already been registered to another QuickFile account)

I think I’ll create a separate account for her to finally solve the login issues…

Many thanks

Hello @tsomek

The email address is the unique identifier for logins to QuickFile.

You can not log into 2 QuickFile accounts with the same email address which is why Affinity is used for accountants (as they have multiple clients).

If you create your own email address for them and add them as a team member it should get round the problem.

E.g. accountant@mycompany.co.uk if you have your own email domain, myname+accounts@gmail.com if you just use a gmail (gmail allows you to add +anything before the @ and the mail still ends up in the same mailbox).

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.