Allocate refund to credit note

Thanks for supporting this.

I’m also stuck with a credit note (partial, for a promotional cashback) that I created from the original invoice - which is nicely linked to the original invoice and has appropriate notes added. And then, I have the cashback payment on my banking feed. And I can’t connect these two - which is odd, as it should be the same functionality of a) linking an issued invoice to a received payment, or b) linking a received invoice to an outgoing payment, or whatever other combination. It seems the idea was to “simplify” the process by bundling the tagging of a refund with a creation of a new credit note. A case where a feature is actually a bug. Fixing this doesn’t require any new logic.

Yeah, you will have to delete the entry that came from your bank feed, then find the unallocated payment via “purchases -> view payments” and “refund balance”. This will create a new pre-tagged bank entry for the same amount so your balance will remain correct.

1 Like

Thanks Ian, that worked! But it’s a really convoluted way to do it, I’m glad I don’t receive too many credit notes.

I think that’s another vote for this feature but due to the terrible way in which feature requests are tracked this looks to be a feature no-one wants but it does get mentioned in one way or another reasonably often.

Hi,
I too have got myself in a complete muddle with the process of tagging refunds from bank transactions when relating to supplier accounts. I’m getting lots of support from QF which is great and my learning curve has been steep but I like this feature mentioned above of being able to allocate bank transactions to an already created credit note.
But I am neither a programmer nor an accountant.
Will keep a look out and keep learning!
Susie

Please include your votes at the top of this post where there is a counter for votes.

Dear QF buddies. for those who may have missed this feature request, please vote for it if you feel you need it, thanks

Because Credit Notes are issued with a different date to when the refund is actually received through a bank account then I have a bank account in Equity Accounts “Credit Notes/Refunds”. This is a much easier way of managing such payments, for example an adjustment is issued by Cyngor Gwynedd Council for Council Tax with a refund of tax paid. This can be then processed and posted to “Credit Notes/Refunds” so that there is way of monitoring receipt of the refund, with Gwynedd this has so far not happened without a further request for the return of overpaid tax, and if the credit note had not been dealt with at the time then there would not be a way of keeping an eye on the situation. So when eventually the refund comes into a bank account a simple process of a bank transfer to “Credit Notes/Refunds” and then account returns to zero.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Tagging a refund

Hello Mathew

Just wondering if QF will implement this feature? There seems to be support for it.

Thanks
Sameera

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tagging a refund