Arriving at year end stock balance stock list etc

Hi Because we need to keep inventory and am moving to a Shopify shop. We need to keep track of stock, selling, shipping, an accounting system that integrates with Shopify etc, we have decided to move from quickfire to QuickBooks.
When I started using quickfile I liked the system but did have concerns about not keeping inventory. I considered putting stock purchases for reselling under stock purchase but seem to remember reading that stock purchases should be entered as general purchases and sales. I may have got this wrong but have put any purchases that haven’t been subscribed to specif expense accounts to general purchase and sales to general sales.
I am now trying to obtain an opening balance for the year starting 6/4/19 to transfere to QuickBooks. I’m not in a position to wait for 6/4/20. How can I obtain an opening figure for year start 20 on the 6/4/19 and also get a list of stock that hadn’t been sold on the 6/4/219? My stock numbers are part of the description. When I put my description stock number in the search box on the left corner a purchase invoice and corresponding sales invoice number is shown. Basically I need a spreadsheet download of purchases and sales to show what the stock figure was at the 6/4/10 including a list of unsold stock items. We buy and sell art.

Hi @Joejacksonfineart

An account backup would give you a CSV file of all your invoices, clients, suppliers and more: Create a data backup schedule

You may also want to look at a nominal code export (Reports >> Chart of Accounts).

Naturally, we’ll be sad to see you go, but appreciate any feedback you have for us.

Yes im sad to go. Always liked the simplicity of your system. Maybe simplicity is why you dont have inventory?
Would it have helped if I had put stock purchases under stock purchases and sales under stock sales? May help someone else in the future.
I’m not a bookkeeper but am I correct to say that sales invoices cannot be linked to purchase invoice when an item is sold and a invoice is created?
For the price quickfile is probably best on the market. Quickbooks a lot more expensive. Support not so personal as quickfile which is hard to find these days.
For feedback. I’ve been using a sort of stock inventory system which does not intergaret really with anything unless you pay a high price, called sortly.com
I can move paintings bought and sold or put into auction etc to various folders to keep track of where things are. Probably can do that in google drive folders these days. Not sure about downloading spreadsheets with specific columns of specific details such as date purchased date amount sold etc items drom a drive folder.
When I download a spreadsheet of purchases and sales to import into quick file from sortly. I get american date format which has caused a major problem trying to change into UK.
Be good if there is something that can be done on that front maybe.
Got a few american date formats in my quick file purchases and solds which isn’t great to say the least.
Be pleased to get away from sortly.com but not so with quickfile.
Have always recommended quickfile to anyone who doesnt need to keep inventory.
Good luck and Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.