Assigning invoices and purchases to different verticals

Is there a way to “assign” invoices to different verticals and have this show separated out on the P&L report?

We operate in two primary verticals and it is critical to our business to see how each is vertical performing independently of one another as well as then seeing a consolidated view. We have been calculating this manually to date which takes a long time and is subject to human error; if it is possible to do this all within QuickFile then that would be ideal. I am aware the QuickBooks has this feature but I prefer the user interface in QuickFile and don’t want to have to change accounting software if I don’t have to.

My first reaction with this is to use project tagging. We use this to give an individual view of each edition of the magazine.

Hello @BaseRock

As @FolkLondon points out, I believe the project tag feature would be the best way to approach this. This allows you to allocate upto 5 project tags to an invoice or estimate, and produce profit and loss reports based on those tags. And I’m pleased to say, it’s a growing feature too.

I’ve included some links below which will hopefully prove to be useful, but please let us know if you have any queries: