Asymmetric Accounting Periods - Follow up

Continuing the discussion from Asymmetric Accounting Periods:

@QFMathew

Forgive me father for I have sinned!

I went to change the accounting date, but I gather it has do be done PRIOR to the desired new date. Is there any way that this can be done retrospectively, (please say yes) I need the year end set to 30th September 2023 on two accounts that I operate.

Kind regards
Mike

The year end date you set in QuickFile is always the next year end date after today - if you ignore the year and set it to 30th Sep 2024 you should then be able to generate all the reports by accounting year for any year ending 30th Sep, including 2023.

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Quickfile has the best online community and support!

Best regards
Mike

1 Like

Okay, an unexpected inconsistency.

As the year end routine had been run for the previous accounting year of 31/12/2022 prior to my updating the accounting year end change date, I would have expected the report for the ‘Year’ to be the same if I ran a ‘year report’ or a report for the period 1 January 2023 to 30th December 2023.

They are worryingly different.

I have checked that the year end journal was posted by the year end, which it was as at 31st December 2022. So I am at a loss to know where the inconsistency arises.

@QFMathew or @QFSteve or @QFSian I think I need you to take a peek inside our accounts. Obs I will need to let you have the account details. Please message me.

Many thanks
Mike

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.