Automatically update notes when converting estimate to invoice

I see this mentioned a lot but there is no feature request for it yet. The answer is always “it’s supposed to do that” which I get, but I think there is a case for it to not do that. I would be willing to bet the case for it being the way it is is the exception rather than the rule. Most people will want the default invoice terms on the invoice, not the default estimate terms. This has lead to delays in payments for me more than once as customers do not get the relevant payment info sent with an invoice.

I am sending an invoice, the default option should be to send the default invoice terms. At least make it a configurable option so I don’t keep sending out invoices with no payment information on them.

I have added my vote to to this feature request but found that I had reached my limit allowed to add a vote and had to remove a vote from another feature request to have a vote available! Only 6 votes placed on current feature requests plus 1 used on an implemented fetaure. The limit of available votes seems rather miserly.

1 Like

Nearly 3 years later and anything happening on this yet? Still catches everyone out now and then and the same issues still persist.

1 Like

A bit further along again and I’m still having issues with this. Can you at least provide me with some custom script to update the terms when converting the invoice? I started to do something but it seems that not all buttons/actions are created equally so I get stuck reverse engineering every function before getting anything working!

We’re looking into this now. Most likely we will add an account setting that will allow users to switch between preserving the estimate terms or overriding with the invoice terms on conversion.

2 Likes