Backup not working

I have selected weekly backup to Dropbox in the Backup Settings, but it simply isn’t happening. I go to Dropbox a little over a week later and there is no new file. Can anyone help?

Hi @lyndac

How often do you log into your account?

The backups are only triggered if there has been recent activity in the account, so if you’re not logging in, the back up isn’t generated.

However, you can manually run one from your account settings if you wish.

Thanks for the quick response! How often do I need to log in? I tend to have one or two big sessions per month, with a couple of odd logins in between. I understand that I have to wait about 12 hours before manually backing up if I want the backed up data to be current. If I want to back up the data in the latest session, can I set the backup to start in 1 day’s time? Or what would you recommend?

For a weekly backup, if you log in once every 5-7 days, this should keep it going.

There isn’t currently a way to schedule it a day ahead, only an “on demand” backup, which as you rightfully mention, is taken from a snapshot and can be a few hours old.

If you’ve logged in today, it should trigger the backup to run within the next few days, but it may be worth just logging in again on say, Monday or Tuesday, just to check.

Of course, if you have any problems, please do let us know.

Thank you for your help :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.