Bank account different amount

Yes having some duplicates.

I don’t know, my bank details have automatically been synced and appear on my quick file account. I don’t upload statements

In that case yes you do have an open banking feed.

Which explains the duplicate entries as also explained in an earlier post.

Hi,

But it doesn’t explain why only some are duplicated? Not all invoices that have been marked as paid have been duplicated. Any ideas?

Without looking at the duplicates it’s difficult to say. It could be that you’ve tagged some invoices from your bank feed which would be correct and then others you’ve tagged as paid from the invoice which would cause the duplicate.

Going forward to avoid duplicates I would advise tagging the invoices from your bank statement and regularly check your bank statement against your QuickFile account to make sure that nothing has been missed

Hi,

Thankyou for your reply.

I am currently going through the bank statements and Quick file account and there is a payment on my bank statement of £620 that was paid by a customer on 8/1 but is not showing on Quick File. Before you say, I have not deleted this payment. Can you please advise why this is the case and how do I rectify it? Do I simply add the payment manually?

Hi @Shaun_Kilkenny,

If the transaction is not showing on QuickFile then you can add it manually

There could be a number of reasons why the transaction did not come through with your feed. Your feed could have expired, the transaction could have been pending for a while and by the time it cleared the feed wasn’t looking at that date any more, there could have been an error on the feed.

Wow, ok I didn’t realise this system was prone to so many possible errors. I thought it would be quite user friendly but seems there is so much manual work I have to do and checking to make sure the system is actually working correctly and if not I have to correct it!

Please don’t take this the wrong way. But half the issues you have, have been down to user error.

Bank feeds expire, its a fact of life, its not quickfile that does this, its your bank. You would have received an email notifying you to renew the open banking feed.

The duplicating of payments again is a user error which we explained why it happend.

Its not a case of having to manually fix quickfile errors, it’s a case of you making sure you run the account correctly.

And having to make sure everything is correct is all part of the process of completing your own accounts, if you would rather not, then hire an accountant who would do that for you.

It isn’t “prone to errors”. I have been using bank feeds since I signed up (7ish years ago) and have never once had an error on a bank feed or had to manually add anything. Most issues are down to user error, e.g. not renewing feeds or tagging/logging incorrectly etc.

Wow, you are extremely rude!!.. ‘It’s a fact of life’ and I ‘should hire an accountant’! How can you speak to a customer in such a disrespectful condescending manner?? By simply saying “don’t take this the wrong way” is not a pass to be rude!

Yes, bank feeds expire but not daily and I’ve been having lots of issues, I have mentioned the fact of missing transactions before and I was told ive probably deleated themself! I know I haven’t!! I have only been using Qucikfile since December and the responses I get are in a tone that I should already know what I’m doing. Very simple replies, no proper explanations for a customer who has just started using. I am clearly in need of some more in-depth support, which is what I thought this messagining service was for!? Not being made out to be stupid!.. “If you have to ask you’ll never know”. springs to mind!

Yes perhaps a need an accountant as you’re clearly not happy to explain things in a professional manner. Can I suggest, however you take some customer service training!

It wasn’t rude, and you’re not a customer of mine. I’m a user of quickfile just like yourself.

However had a customer of mine expierenced the same issues, I’d have given the same response. I’m sorry if you think I’m rude, but facts are facts and that’s all I’ve stated

I think I’ve been more than helpful, I can’t keep answering the same questions.

You asked why transactions are missing, I’ve given my opinion as to why, you asked why they duplicate, I explained the reason.

You then said the errors are because of quickfile, there not, and totally missed the answers that were given.

When I said you may have deleted them yourself, I also said it could have been because your banking feed expired and you didn’t renew it in time, as did other people who replied to you.

No one is accusing you of lying, just read the responses in full.

1 Like

I never said anyone was accusing me of lying

I didn’t realise you don’t work for quickfile. As I said I’ve just staryed started using this. I was looking for support from the company im paying. It can take a while before a new system becomes second nature as it clearly is to you.

Thanks for your input but I don’t want you to ‘keep answering the same questions’ I would prefer to speak to an expert from Quickfile itself.

That’s fine. I’ll refrain from any more help.

Hi @Shaun_Kilkenny

Don’t panic - we are here to help and try and get things moving for you.

If the balance is different on QuickFile compared to your bank statement, the first thing you would need to do is identifying why by carrying out a statement reconsiliation. We have a guide on this here, but in a nutshell, you work through your bank statements to ensure everything matches up. You can do wider ranges if you wish, and then when you encounter the difference, you narrow it down (e.g. from 3 months to 1 month, to 2 weeks to 1 week, etc.).

The balance difference is likely to be either because of a missing transaction, duplicates (which can happen if you’re marking an invoice as paid from the invoice itself, as well as using a bank feed, for example), or a missing opening balance.

But reconciling is the first step to putting this right.

Just as a side note, all QuickFile team members have the little QuickFile logo by their avatar (like mine, and @QFBeth’s above), so you can easily recognise who works for QuickFile.

2 Likes

Hey Matthew,

Hope all is well. I did also come across balances not matching with bank. And I’ve figured out why it happens. Not down to user error or manual input, but because in my case I’ve got a GBP and EUR bank accounts - same banking provider. When I convert EUR to GBP my bank charges me a small fee for conversion + it has an exchange rate that constantly changes, when these transactions pull through open banking feed into QF and I tag them as bank transfer between accounts for whatever odd reason QF insists on using it’s own currency conversion rate which is clearly different than my banking provider, hence errors and incorrect balances. Why is that please and why does it automatically uses QF conversion rate? that’s extremely confusing and only leads to errors. How to avoid this in the future and what to do to account for this on QF please? do I create a transaction titled bank fees and conversion rates to bring both balances to match?

Cheers

Nik

Hi @Nik

If you’re tagging a payment as a transfer, the exchange rate used is based on the GBP value you enter. The exchange rate may be slightly different due to rounding, but the base of it should be the same.

The only time this could be different, is perhaps when the fee is bundled in with the transfer itself. For example, if you transfer £10 and €11 is received, the exchange rate is calculated on these two values.

Hi @QFMathew

thanks for your response. That’s not what happens, I tag EUR transaction transferring to GBP bank in QF, I enter the amount received in EUR and QF converts to GBP based on that, however that is different than what I actually get in my bank when I exchange EUR to GBP as the conversion rate is different, obviously it’s not a lot. Half of my question left unanswered though. How to avoid this please and what should be done in QF to compensate for the differences?

Do you have any specific examples where you’ve seen this isn’t the case? You’re welcome to send them to @QFSupport in a private message if you wish, and we can take a look at this.

Apologies for any confusion, but with the transfers, the exchange rate is derived from the transfers themselves, so there’s nothing to avoid or correct. QuickFile will use the entered GBP and non-GBP balances to calculate the exchange rate.

The exchange rate in this case, really, is just for illustration purposes. As long as the GBP and non-GBP figures are correct, then that should be fine.

You’re lucky that everything has worked for you so smoothly. At the moment my bank reimburses me the interest on my bounce back loan. It deducts the interest from my account then credits the same amount back (a strange way of working I know). Quick File hasn’t ever picked up the credit so I have to manually adjust it. This soon won’t be an issue as the 0% window will end, but it is the reason why I don’t rely on feed and upload the CSV each month. And yes QF recognises the bank from the CSV so all of the columns are right. I’ve passed this onto the support so they can look into it.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.