Bank feed setup - Bank of Ireland log on details

Recently purchased subscription and setting up to receive bank feeds from Bank of Ireland. The log on details requested to connect,
The log on screen requests user ID and a 6 digit pin, among other details, date of birth & contact number digits.
However these don’t seem to relate to log on credentials used to access the Business On Line account we operate with Bank of Ireland. Access is gained via a username and a one time passcode generated via an app on a users smartphone device.
Can bank feeds be used with this type of account for Bank of Ireland.

Issue doesn’t seem to have come up in any other topics/posts

Help greatly appreciated

Hi @ollie1,

Bank of Ireland will be using the Yodlee Feed rather than the Open Banking feed. The Yodlee feed works slightly differently and I believe does need different details to log in.

Hope this helps

Thats great @QFBeth, I do understand that. Have what I purchased via Quickfile is just the Open Banking Feed, rather than a Yodlee feed subscription.
I purchased via the Banking tab, more options, activate banking feed, then payment screens.
Would you know then how i go about getting a Yodlee feed subscription/account?
appreciate the help.
Guidance on quickfile suggests i’ve got the right subscription.
The authentication page on setup just doesn’t seem to request the same log on details.

Hi @ollie1,

The bank feed subscription covers you for all of the feeds, so both open banking and Yodlee. The feeds just work slightly differently, Open Banking is a direct log in with the bank so mimics what you would need when logging in to your online account. Yodlee works in a slightly different way, more of a screen scraping which is why the log in credentials are different.

Yodlee Bank Feeds

Managing Open Banking Feeds

@QFBeth i think the issue is with the Banking service with Bank of Ireland.
Deep down in their guidance Business On Line service cant be used with open banking, account holders need to register for “365 online” service.

A link to documentation for anyone else in similar position

thanks for your help

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.