Barclays Open Banking Feeds

I connected OK to Barclays bank feed OK sing Yodlee but you are advocating remove by 14th September? Just waiting for the overnight upload.

You will have no choice in the matter, the Yodlee feed for Barclays will be turned off then as there is a working Open Banking alternative.

Oh thanks for that snippet of information that I already knew. So the Quickfile open banking feed does not work as proven and yet the Yodlee one does. Where does that leave a new Customer who has just paid £18 in good faith??

Hi @Bennie

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues. We’ll certainly try our best to get this working for you.

With this, do you remain on the Barclays site, or is it just that you’re returned to the wrong page on QuickFile? If it is the latter, would you mind uploading a screenshot please (removing any sensitive information)?

Barclays provide 2 ways of linking the account, one is through online banking the other option is from the mobile banking app.

Have you tried the Mobile Banking route? It will display a 6 digit code that you need to key into your mobile banking app. It’s usually a little less error prone in our experience.

I am sorry I answered the question you asked that you already knew the answer to.

I have activated the bank feed, and removed the active Yodlee feed. When I now go to add the Barclays Open Banking Feed by clicking Activate Bank Feed, I still get the same option to add Barclays via pin sentry or security options? Surely there should be something different showing as I now have an active Barclays Open Banking Feed?

Hi @tjroberts3,

With the account that you are connecting have you set Barclays as the Bank Name in the account settings?

If it is still set as ‘Other’ then it will automatically direct you to Yodlee

1 Like

Thank you! Doesn’t say to do that anywhere in the support articles nor the website messages.

Hi @tjroberts3,

It is mentioned in the Knowledge Base article: Managing Open Banking Feeds

But glad that you’ve sorted it now :slight_smile:

That was not the nature of the question. Clarification was required on the 14th September deadline for Barclays because on your website there was a bulletin of 2nd September to the effect that you were considering extension as some banks were not quite ready. The Quickfile Barclays bank feed has been proven not to work this end. Next time read and inwardly digest. Are you always sarcastic and “cocky” to new Customers. I do not want you dealing with my enquiries from hereon. You are far too agressive for my liking!

Hi Beth, just curious to know why we are getting questions and answers form Quickfile for TJRoberts? He certainly is not known here or part of our Company. Trust there is no breach of secuirty?

Hi @Bennie

This is a public forum and just like yourself, @Lurch and @tjroberts3 had commented on this thread, which is why @QFBeth had replied here.

Just to clarify, unless the user has the QuickFile logo by their avatar (like both myself and @QFBeth has), they do not work for QuickFile.

1 Like

Yes, my screen remains on the Barclays site after logging in.

Thanks, now I know how the forum works.

Hi @Bennie,

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the page you are seeing? Make sure to remove/blank out any sensitive information

Hi QFBeth,

Screenshot herewith as requested. Once logged into Barclays via the Quickfile Open Banking Feeds the screen just sits there with no automatic return switch back to Quickfile for activation.

That message suggests you logged in using a memorable word rather than a pinsentry device. If you log in using two factors then it should allow you to proceed.

It was actually the membership number that I used. I will try the PIN Sentry device and see what happens. Thanks for your input here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.