Bulk import and pricing

Hello,

When I first created an account in Quickfile, I bulk imported 3 years’ + worth of transactions. As a result, there are just over 1000 journal entries in the ledger. Because of this, my business has been classed as large and now, 60 days in, I am asked to pay £45 + VAT per year to continue to use Quickfile.

I raised this through the contact form and an auto response said I needed to come here for support.

As I should really be well within the free tier what do you advise, must I ditch this account and start over without the bulk import?? That would be a lot of work. Or could you reset the account tier based on the dates the journal entries relate to?

Thank you for your support.

Hi @Matthew_Kirkland,

The account size is based on the nominal entries created and stored within a 12 month period. You can just delete the previous transactions to reduce the count.

There is a guide on account size here: Account size explained which also explains how to keep track of what your current total is.

hope this helps

It is the bulk import that has pushed you over the threshold on this occasion, but bear in mind that the “1000 ledger entries” free tier only actually equates to a total of about 4 or 5 sales and/or purchases per week on average across the year - if you’re running at this level or higher then you should expect to hit the threshold within the next 10 months anyway, even without the bulk import.

IMO (I’m just a user, not a member of QuickFile staff) £45 per year is incredibly good value for what you get, and it’s a lot cheaper than the competition - Xero and FreeAgent charge as much in two or three months as QuickFile does for a whole year.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip Beth, I will give that a go and let you know how I get on.

Thanks Ian,

Don’t get me wrong, I am impressed by the capabilities of Quickfile and I am keen to continue with the product. Nevertheless, I am a contractor that raises an invoice per month on average, and the nominal entries are bulked out by incidental expenses. Over these 3 years, six months I have amassed 1084 ledger entries. For that reason, I was surprised by the “Large” business classification.

Hi Beth, just to let you know this has worked. For anyone else in this position, worth noting that it took a few days for the deleted entries to be reflected in the company settings report.

All best,
Matt

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.