Changes after linking to Affinity account

I have been using Quickfile for a year or so and have just had my accountant add me to their Affinity dashboard. This has now changed my logo to theirs in my control panel and also removed the help link to the knowledgebase and community. I would probably concur that if my accountant had signed me up with Quickfile and sent me to the CP as a client of theirs this is fine. As I am already a Quickfile user I think these should be left as they were.

The more major issue I find though is that I have absolutely nothing in the logs about who is accessing my account, which I assume is because it is linked to the Affinity account.

What else has changed since I have had my account linked to an Affinity account?

The styling changes that Affinity apply are non-permanent, connecting to Affinity will not lose anything you have previously configured. Everything would revert back as soon as the accountant has disconnected you from their Affinity account.

The white-labelling applied by Affinity would supersede any set locally on the account via the power user sub. The help menu also gets removed as generally Accountants who are using the white labelling options don’t want users to encounter references to QuickFile.

I fully appreciate that these changes are not necessary if the user setup their own account and connected to Affinity later. I have noted this in our development planner and hopefully we can look at this next week.

The power-user subscription is still relatively new and there’s quite a bit of cross-over with Affinity, I’m very sure changing the priorities in terms of customisation will be very straight forward.

EDIT:

When you mentioned that Affinity had changed your logo to theirs, I was a assuming you had a power user subscription and you’d configured your own logo. This doesn’t seem to be the case though… the logo changes will only affect your user interface, not that of your end-clients, this will be completely unaffected.

In regards to the logo change, I will look at this in more detail next week.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.