HOME / COMMUNITY Switch to knowledge base

Client name and account reference in email?

I need to be able to advise clients of the reference to quote when making online payments, which is a basically their account reference and name, but unless I’m missing something I don’t see these as custom tokens which can be added to the email message, or any other field which could be used to store a reference.

(I’m not sending invoices or links to invoices from QuickFile for various reasons, not least that the recipients aren’t very computer literate, so the email itself is their bill.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi @JohnJ

Unfortunately this tag isn’t available at the moment. I will however discuss this with our team in the new year and see if this could be added.

I’ll let you know if we’re able to change anything here.

Thanks. In the meantime can you suggest any another way to get the payment reference into the email? What do other users do?

As a software developer myself I’m a little surprised you don’t simply make all fields available as custom tokens as you can never predict the crazy ways those pesky users are going to try to use your software. :smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.