Cooperative (Coop) Bank statements

The Coop have recently changed their user interface rather significantly. Has anybody worked out how to upload csv statements to Quickfile? The csv file syntax has changed and both deposits and withdrawals are being treated as withdrawals now.

Problem is that it looks like Coop have a consistency error with their csv format. Positive numbers are in double quotes while negative numbers (e.g. withdrawal) are not.

Please can I ask the QF gurus to change the format QF expects for csv imports from Coop accounts? I can provide example if necessary.

(Their new interface has a very civil service feel to it.)

Hi @jwf

We can certainly look at updating the file - please don’t hesitate to send one across to us in a private message (send it to @QFSupport).

Does the upload work all OK if you use “Other” as the bank?

Do you know if this new format of export is widely available, or only rolled out to some users at the moment?

Thank you very much for your quick reply, Mathew. I had not used the ‘Other’ choice before - yes, that works very well when the columns are selected correctly. Excellent foresight, thank you.

We have an FSB Coop business account and believe the changes are for all customers with ‘Business Online Banking’ but I do not know that for sure.

I shall send a message with an example file.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.