Draft invoice with payment applied

Hi,

We use the QuickFile invoices for bunkhouse bookings, customers pay us a deposit for a booking before the invoice is raised (usually). When the I create the invoice, I create it for the full amount of the booking and then apply the deposit to it. The client then gets an invoice for the full booking amount which also makes reference to their deposit.

I’ve noticed that if I create an invoice with no payment (deposit) applied to it, and also don’t send it, it has the “Draft” status mark.

When I apply a payment to it, it becomes “Partial Paid”, regardless of whether it has been sent or not. This is an issue, as if I process lots of invoices in one go, I cannot easily tell if an invoice has been sent or not (from the overview screen) without clicking on the individual invoice.

Is there a way to separate “draft and partial paid” and “sent and partial paid” invoices?

Thanks for any help.

Hello @Gavin_Phillips

I think there may be a bit of confusion with the invoice statuses here. An invoice, in simple terms, has three statuses - draft, issued or credited.

When an invoice is in draft, it has no effect on your accounts because it hasn’t yet been issued. You’re correct in saying that when you send an invoice, it then becomes “Sent”, because it has then been issued to the client for payment.

So by the same logic, if an invoice has a payment allocated to it - partially or fully - it must have been issued (and therefore isn’t in draft mode any longer).

I hope that makes sense?

There are a few topics around relating to deposits. I’ll update my post shortly with some links, which will hopefully help.

[Edit]

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.