DropBox Integration - multiple accounts

I have Set up a new client with a quickfile account and am trying to link dropbox for receipts.
I’ve read previous knowledgebase post describing the creation of a seperate folder and naming app\quickfilereceipts\ blah blah blah. Nowhere can I see in dropbox where the naming stream mentioned should be.

I have set up dropbox integration to my own account, and it works fine. Quickfile created the folder ‘apps’, and within that a folder ‘quickfile receipts’ I simply put my photo recepit here and it uploads.

I have set up new quickfile for a client. I have clicked the dropbox integration, and it tells me it is linked. However where is it supposed to be in my dropbox? Or where and how do I create a linked folder in dropbox back to quickfile? I tried creating new folder in ‘apps’ and naming as suggested but dropbox does not allow symbols such as \ ’ etc to name folders, but this seemed to be what the instructions from Knowledgebase directed.

Any help appreciated!!

When you add additional clients it doesn’t automatically create the folder for you so you need to add this yourself.

Let’s say you’re adding account 6131400001, once you’ve linked to Dropbox you would add a folder as follows:

\Apps\Quick File Receipts\6131400001_SOME_NAME_HERE\..

Obviously the SOME_NAME_HERE bit you can change to something more recognisable, the important bit is the folder needs to start with your QF account number.

Now dropping files into there should result in them getting pulled into the respective account.

It’s described here in more detail

Be a bit clearer for a non techy please!

My dropbox intergration folder is: :https://www.dropbox.com/home/Apps/Top%20Marques%20Quick%20File%20Receipts

Automatically created by by linking to dropbox from quickfile. I did nothing except rename the folder. There is no account number in this!?

I created new folder in same part of dropbox (ie clicking apps folder, and my Top Marques folder is on screen. I created new folder, before clicking Top Marques folder. If I type what you suggest it tells me FOLDER DOESN’T EXIST.

How do I create a folder with the account number and name as you suggest?

With Dropbox, QuickFile is only granted access to the following folder:

/Apps/Quick File Receipts/

By default, we will pick up any files here and pull them into your linked account. In the case of multiple accounts, you can create a new folder there which must start with your QuickFile account number, for example:

/Apps/Quick File Receipts/613140001/

This will work fine. But optionally, you can add a name at the end of this folder so you know what account it relates to. This needs to be typed with underscores in the name rather than spaces, for example:

/Apps/Quick File Receipts/613140001_My_Company_Ltd

When you view your Quick File Receipts Dropbox folder, you can create a new folder by clicking the button highlighted by the arrow below:

From a web browser, this folder would be located at Login - Dropbox, once you’re logged into Dropbox.

Also in this screenshot is an example of 2 folders set up.

I hope that makes more sense for you, but please let me know if you need further help

I’ve re-named the client folder to start with the account number, but the files are still in there, not uploaded to quickfile.

Do I need to change my company folder to start with a number too?

My company folder in dropbox has a jigsaw symbol on it.
The new client folder doesn’t - is that significant?

Each folder needs to be prefixed with the QuickFile account number (which also needs to be linked in QuickFile itself).

If you’re connecting multiple accounts, each account would need it’s own folder starting with it’s account number. For example:

This account (613140001) is connected to Dropbox. That Dropbox account would then have a folder named:
/Apps/Quick File Receipts/613140001
(this is without an optional name on the end)

The only other two folders that may be there (the system will create them if they’re needed) are Backups and Imported

The main Quick File Receipts folder should have a jigsaw symbol. Any other folders underneath that will be shown as standard folders. Your set up should be similar (in terms of appearance) to the screenshot I posted in my earlier post

Many Thanks for your assistance. I have now linked the client quickfile / dropbox.

I was initially creating the new folder one level too early in dropbox! And I have renamed my own quickfile folder with account number and name. All being well there will be no issues now on.

Cheers
Steve

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s all sorted. Please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us if you have any further issues