Duplicates on bank statements tagging

Hi i am very new to this. I seem to have duplicate transactions when tagging my bank account to transactions. Started on 5th of April so want my records to be spot on.
Thank you

Sounds like you might be using bank feeds and also tagging payments when you are entering receipts either through Receipt Hub or manually entering sales/purchaseinvoices? You need to pick only one method of tagging, usually if you have a bank feed I would suggest entering the invoices and not ticking the “paid in full” or “log a payment” boxes and do it all from the bank feed end to save the possibility of there being any duplicates entered.

1 Like

Hi there thanks for reply that’s exactly it. I like to record each transaction from customer how its paid cash or card etc. i might do it manually then and disable the bank account.
As stripe payment shows up as a different amount from the transaction as they take their % off.
And also i like to record invoices and put them into their category.
which would you suggest? I appreciate your reply as i have been looking at this since 2pm today

I think you should read some of the getting started guides as it sounds like you’ve missed most of them.

Bank feeds would be the most sensible option if you do the other things the “right” way. For instance, card payments would usually be tagged to a separate credit card account, or if via Stripe from the Stripe account.

Have a read of some articles in the knowledge base before doing anything else.

What a lot of people try and do is start using Quickfile like they used their old system (even if it was old bits of paper and memory!) but you need to start again rather than trying to go against the grain with it.

Excellent, I will have a look through this now. Thanks again for your help

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.