HOME / COMMUNITY Switch to knowledge base

Email Customisation - Ability To Remove Embedded Links?

I’ve got this as a feature but I’d also say it strays slightly into being a bug too, in so much as it is a part of Quickfile that causes issues.

I have always used my own SMTP service for Quickfile but still get plagued with issues on deliverability because of spam filtering on destination servers. I also get the odd Quickfile invoice sent to me which sometimes ends up in my spam folder. I believe the main issue is down to the content of the email, which contains a few maybe not entirely code compliant sections and the embedded links that some filters pick up on. This could be mitigated if there could either be more options for customising the underlying template, e.g. allow the links to just be plain old links not embedded HTML links, or an option for entirely plain text emails.

Any movement or planning on doing anything with email at all?

It’s actually starting to cost me money now as just about every invoice I send out ends up in someones junk folder. I either need to send the invoices manually (defeating the point of the recurring invoices) or … well that’s it really. I can’t do anything else.

I don’t want or need any HTML at all in my emails. None of the things in the email directly make it spam, but all these things get a few marks to the point where the Quickfile emails just trip the spam threshold. It’s not Quickfile at fault here, it’s the whole email/spam system as a whole. I am losing money, I am also finding customers sending me invoices from Quickfile are ending up with their emails being filtered into spam, which sometimes means I don’t even get to see them after the event as spam gets deleted.

Just give me the option to send out emails with no formatting or embedded stuff.

Hi @Lurch

This is on our teams list and will be added shortly. We’ll keep you posted :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Lurch

Just a quick one to let you know that this is now available.

Instead of using @DirectInvoiceLink@, you can use @DirectInvoiceURL@ which will output only the URL of the link, with no additional HTML.

I used it today on an invoice to a client who auto-acknowledges all incoming (non spam) emails. No acknowledgement and a cc to myself ended up in my spam folder.

Looks like the anti-spam algorithm writers are ahead of us again.

I might try out an interesting service from Royal Mail where they will actually take a hardcopy to the client’s premises for just 70p!