Emails not sending

hi several of my clients are not receiving their bills suddenly , has something changed ? all looks good in their accounts on my pc but they dont receive anything . losing money because of this so appreciate a speedy reply

Hi @David_Langford

Nothing has changed our end. Are you using the QuickFile mail server (default), or your own SMTP server?

Hi i am using i presume Quickfile mail server that my package came with . i have not knowingly changed any settings . its only affecting some of my clients but not others . been happening for a few months now at first i thought it was clients stalling but i can see it is not .

Ok, the first thing to check would be to see if the clients are blocked due to bounces. There are 2 ways to do this.

The first way would give you a “live look” at this. If you view the client, do you see any warnings underneath their contact details, like this?

If so, then there’s been a returned email from your client that’s preventing any further ones to be sent. However, if you can verify that the email address is working correctly, we can request this block to be lifted.

The second way is to check the email log. If you have a power user subscription, we store the last 6 months worth of emails. This can be viewed by going to Account Settings >> All Settings >> Sent Email Log.

This will list all emails sent, including their status (“Sent”, “Blocked”, “Failed”). It also includes a little notification to say whether the email has been opened too (although the accuracy of this can vary depending on what email client your client is using).

If everything checks out and looks OK (and your client hasn’t opened their email), let us know and I’ll take a closer look for you.

Thank you that was good advise , i have checked the notifications under each client details and no warnings or notices , i have also checked the email sent log
and can see that none of the emails sent have been opened by the clients . can you look into this further please . The clients are GHAC and IDH Mydentist.

As far as we can tell, everything has sent successfully - there have been no errors returned to us. This could mean they were delivered all OK, or it could mean the client’s email server is silently failing them (and not telling us).

Once the email leaves our server, unfortunately, there’s no solid way to determine the issue. One thing that may cause it however is the ‘reply-to’ tag being sent as part of our emails. We include this so if your client does reply, it comes back to you.

The way around this would be to either use the same email address we send from (which prevents your clients from replying to the email), or to use your own SMTP server.

We can assist with either method if you wanted to try them?

we could try my own smtp if you can talk me through it please

Of course. Do you know all your SMTP details, or able to get them? If not, if you could let me know who you use for your emails, I may be able to find some defaut settings

i use names.co.uk or hotmail but i have neither settings sorry

No problem. I’ve done a quick search for Names details and come across this article which may help:

http://names.co.uk/support/2466.html

Your settings should be available within your account. Specifically, you’re looking for:

• SMTP Server
  • Username (this may be your email address)
  • Password
  • Port
  • Whether SSL should be enabled or not (ideally, it should)

Once you know this, you can enable it by going to Account Settings >> 3rd Party Integration >> SMTP settings

Will second @David_Langford’s initial post. Not trying to hijack thread. Saw this on the front page. I’ve set things up to go through Gmail’s SMTP settings to prevent bounce-backs. One client wasn’t receiving anything from QF-interestingly enough they did fine some months ago-and I’ve just been emailing a client who didn’t receive an invoice direct from QF even though the log looks fine on our end and they successfully received the reminder. Like I said, not meant to hijack the thread. Just interested to see if others are having similar issues and if any solution is found.

could you send me the settings for hotmail as im having issues with names.uk wanting another upgrade

@JonathanDbK yes its strange been working for months then suddenly some accounts not getting emails ive sat and watched their inbox and nothing

@David_Langford - try these settings:

Hotmail SMTP Server: smtp.live.com
Hotmail SMTP User Name: Your complete Windows Live Hotmail email address (e.g. me@hotmail.com or me@live.com)
Hotmail SMTP Password: Your Windows Live Hotmail password
Hotmail SMTP Port: 587
Hotmail SMTP TLS/SSL Required: yes

Taken from: SMTP Settings for Hotmail Email Addresses

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.