'Estimate' wording showing up on Invoices

I have gone into >Invoice Customisation >> Invoice Notes >>
The Default Estimate Notes are showing up on Invoices.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @JohnF

When you go into the invoice you should be able to click the import default which should bring in the relevant invoice/estimate wording:

Yes thank you, but when you convert an estimate to an invoice you have to ā€˜Import Defaultā€™ again? I thought this would be automatic. Seems a bit clunky and open to error if itā€™s a manual task.

1 Like

Hi @JohnF

Yes, you have to use the ā€œImport Defaultā€ option again to update it.

When you raise an estimate, you may specify specific terms for that client in the notes, so we wonā€™t automatically populate these boxes with the default invoice settings.

Iā€™ve not tried it, but you may be able to automate this if you have a Power User Subscription

Hi John,

Further to what @QFMathew has said there is a feature request which you may wish to add your vote to? Automatically update notes when converting estimate to invoice

1 Like

OK thank you for explaining.

Thanks, I have added a vote.

Well that has answered my question then. I was thinking about this as I was driving home last night and was going to ask if it can be done with a custom script. Iā€™m sure it can, just need to have a proper play when I get 5 mins!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.