Export Data limiting to one page

Continuing the discussion from Export data:

Hi QF Team,
I came across same problem as faced by another user on the above link. I am simply trying to export sales data in between two dates. The problem is that even when 50 lines are chosen to display, the data runs in to few pages. When the selection box is ticked it only selects the current page & this selection will be de-selected if I move to the next page & select all. So basically one has to export data in few different files & then cut & paste to get the required selection in one file. Is it possible that selection is continued from one page to another if the data is exported. I dont prefer to fetch data from backup files as the on screen menu on Sales/Purchases etc has sufficient information that I need & just want to export that.
I appreciate the help in advance.

Regards,
Rahul

Hi @galarahul

Unfortunately the only way to do this at the moment is to do an account export. The 50 per page / export limit isn’t something we’re likely to change I’m afraid.

There is a reason behind this, which my colleague covers in another post:

However, if you could give us a few more details on what you’re looking to do with the data, then we may be able to suggest a better way?

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response.
I can appreciate that 50 lines restriction is put in place to conserve the resources. But there should be a way to export data in one-go which is larger than 50 lines for reporting purpose if not display. I am basically trying to get a report with all the sales in between two sets of dates (minimum across one year) with exact same data as displayed on the sales screen viz - Client Name, Invoice Name, Currency, Amount, Status etc. Once in csv, i can then play around to group in different ways to get various information ie currency sales, local sales, client sales etc. I dont expect that all these reports can be done on QF, but the master set of data required to derive this data should be available on QF.

I hope it helps to understand what I am trying to achieve.
Regards,
Rahul

The master set of data is available by performing an account back up. This can be found in your Account Settings >> All Settings.

The profit and loss report will be your best bet. Although this won’t show you a complete breakdown with invoice number and client name, it will show you sales between certain dates.

If you have a Power User Subscription, you can also use a segmented P&L report, which will compare 2 periods too.

I had a look at the P&L as you mentioned & I am afraid it doesn’t serve the purpose unfortunately (even as a power user subscription). Once again the back up route is too long winded for a basic report. I think in the Reports Section, all the display menu information ie - Sales, Purchase, Bank Transactions etc should be made available so this basic data can be downloaded at a request, even if it is emailed or download is available after a few minutes & that too after a few steps process. So it works both ways - for users to be able to use reports when required & at the same time not unnecessarily burden the resources.

I hope this can be implemented in future as I feel that reporting side can be improved. Until then guess only way is to export each page one by one & then paste data on one file

You’re welcome to start a new thread in the #feature category for any new reports if you wish. We’ll certainly keep an eye on the interest for these. Most features are implemented as a result of demand and feedback from the community.

i totally agree with you, and have had this conversation before.
just pulling out 50 transactions is so poor

i would even pay ££ each time i want to export all the data relating to a client, supplier, service etc, transactions.
Load on systems does increase. they wont ever decrease
the list goes on and the more you invoice through the system the worse the problem gets

The backup doesnt provide the content of data that we need from other screens.

suppose begs the question, am i processing too many transactions and look at Xero,?

rest of the system is GREAT

Hello @jpitsolutions

I think the better approach to this issue is rather than increasing the limit or even imposing additional expense for it, is to understand what you’re doing with the data once it’s exported and see if there was a way to incorporate it into QuickFile itself.

As I’m sure you’re aware, many of the new features in QuickFile have come as a result of user feedback on these forums. We’re certainly open to new ideas.

Hi,
It will be really helpful to be able to generate reports on - Sales, Purchases & Banking transactions with all the fields that are normally available on display menu - for example for Sales - Invoice Ref, Issue Date, Client Name, Invoice name, Amount & Status, should be available in between a chosen period irrespective of number of transactions (which is restrictive to 50 right now). Once this data can be exported as I mentioned earlier, we use it to see - sales in foreign currency, sales in sterling, specific client sales, see profitability of invoices (not an output by QF, but rough markups/margins are put manually adjacent to each invoice) etc… There are a wide range of possible uses of that data for depending on each type of user & their needs. It is all at one place & I dont need to use other options like client statements etc. Similar case could be made for purchases, we use the output to track exchange rates wrt. purchase date & currency/supplier & how it impacts purchases & how to reprice the inventory on a particular batch.

The whole point is that this a very basic set of data that any business can use for variety of purposes. I don’t think it will be possible to list why & how this data will be used. But the focus should be how to make this available to the user without disrupting the resources as I would certainly not want a situation where my work on was lost or I can’t access QF, because another user crashed the system crunching some data. The team of experts at QF need to find a way where reports are provided somehow, if not at a press of button. Some online applications I work with will for example send an email after a few minutes, just giving some ideas as I am not an IT expert. Or may be it could be a reporting feature & display is still kept to 50. Just some ideas, I dont know which one can work, but end result should be available.

Regards,

Rahul

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.