Export project report data in CSV

@OvidiuS we have now added an export option on the main project list, I hope that covers your requirements for now.

Hi @Glenn - many thanks - it works great, I just tested it.

One thing I would like to ask - when selecting all for an export it only exports first page (or the page you are on).

That means you cannot actually select projects that are listed on different pages nor you can select all and remove the ones you don’t need.

Could you please add either:

• a LIST ALL button, so you can select either all or some projects you want to export
    or
  • capability to export ALL projects, not just the page you are on - so user could then remove any projects that present no interest.

Many thanks

No problem!

This is inline with how all exports work in QuickFile, it will only export the visible results. This is to conserve resources and to prevent excessive load on the servers. If we have users with 1000s of projects (unlikely but possible) it will put a lot of short term load on the database whenever an export is requested.

What we could do is extend this report to the backup system. Backups run off-peak and with limited frequency so it won’t cause any undesirable performance issues.

Thank you @Glenn - could you please let me know when this would be implemented.

It’s been requested, so I would say 1-2 weeks as a conservative estimate.

Hi @Glenn - do you have any estimate of when this feature would be implemented?
Thanks

We’ve had to push this back a little as we’ve had other unplanned work during the previous two weeks. It’s still on our short-term agenda so I would say probably another 2 weeks before implementation.

ok - thanks - much appreciated

Apologies for the delay, the full project list can now be included in your weekly/monthly backups.

You will just need to check the following box on your backup settings.

@QFMathew
Good morning,
I am not sure if this responds to my request - I am just trying to export in Excel (csv format) the list of projects and their associated information, as is in the Project Management tab.

Is this what it does? I have never used backup (I thought backup is done on your servers automatically) and I do not know even where to find it…???

Thanks

Hi @OvidiuS

That’s correct. It’s basically an extension to the export you can do from the project page now. This obviously allows you to view all the projects rather than just 50 at a time.

We do back up all services on a regular basis (there’s a full schedule here), but this is for issues on our end. We encourage all users to set up a back up of their account which gives them access to their own data should the need arises. There’s more information on this here:
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/create-a-data-backup-schedule/8867

Hi @QFMathew

This is perfect - exactly what I needed. Many thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Glenn @QFMathew,
I noticed that our backup does not back up the projects any longer.

Is there any issue with it please?

Thanks

We’re not aware of any issues, but I’ll pass this to our development team to check.

Bear with us, we’ll come back to you shortly.

@QFMathew,
Not sure if this is related but I noticed that if I search my projects to find one of them and search returned 0 results. It looks like the search is not working in Projects. I tried Estimates and seems to be working fine there.

Could you please look into it as well?

Thanks

I’ll certainly have a look for you. What are you searching for in the projects section? You’re welcome to send this in a private message if you prefer.

As far as I’m aware, we haven’t changed anything here, but will investigate for you

Don’t know how the private message works…

I put in Tag name field a part of the name of the project and it did not work. Then I have also put the whole name of the project and it did not work either.

Sometimes I do not remember the whole name of the project (we’ve got close to 500 projects now), so it is helpful to be able to search just by a string of unique characters.

Any luck with the investigation on why the export stopped exporting the projects as well?

Thanks for your help

None on this one I’m afraid. I’ve done a few tests, but they’ve all worked successfully.

Again, I’m not having any luck with this one I’m afraid. I will send you a private message now - look for a green notification in the top right hand corner

While the option to see the project when backing up is great, why don’t we have the tag AND the nominal code on the same csv file? I.e: The “purchase invoice items” file has the nominal code but not the project tags while the “purchase invoice cvs” file has the project tags but not the nominal code…:frowning:

Hi @Skk

In the back up file, as you rightfully mention, you have the tags alongside the invoices as part of Sales_Invoices.csv and Purchase_Invoice.csv. The difference between the project tag and the nominal code, is a project tag is assigned to the overall invoice, whereas an invoice may have multiple nominals.

Due to this, it’s not possible to list all the nominals alongside the tags themselves unfortunately.