Export sales being automatically incorrectly recorded in General Sales

Been working with a French client for 10 months. The client account was set up at the outset with a default sales category of “General Export Sales”.

All worked well for several months but since October, invoices raised have been automatically posted to the “General Sales” account in the P&L. Invoices are correctly being posted against the client account in the sales ledger.

I’ve not changed any client details since the account was set up and the default sales category remains “General Export Sales”.

It’s not a big issue but I have to journal the sales to the correct P&L account to ensure that the MTD VAT returns are correctly drafted.

Both my company and the client are VAT registered and EC reverse charging applies to the supply of services to the client.

Any pointers would be welcome.

Hi @JFAL,

When you are raising invoices which method are you using? has this changed since October? Are you creating invoices from the receipt hub/ bank account / client account?

Beth, thanks for coming back on this. Invoice creation method hasn’t changed: From Dashboard, I’m selecting Sales, then Create New Invoice and populating the invoice from there.

Hi @JFAL,

Are you using an inventory at all for your invoicing? The invoices would take the nominal set for the item rather than the default for the company?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.