Filing charity end of year accounts on QuickFile

Continuing the discussion from Year-End Accounts - Limited Companies:

I been using quick file for the last year and I now need to work out how to do the charity annual year end of accounts from 1 April 2015 to 31 march 2016. to be able to show the accountant.

also I need to know how to give our independent accountant access to quick file to check to see if everything is correct how do I do that as well?

many Thanks
Graham Burton
Central Rescue UK

Hi @grahamburton

Typically, you would need the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet. If you could let me know what other reports the accountant would require, I’d happily try and point you in the correct direction.

If they have no other QuickFile accounts to deal with, you can add them as a team member (Account Settings > Team Management). If they deal with several clients who use QuickFile, chances are they have an Affinity account. They would simply add you through their dashboard.

I hope that helps?

Does it have to be a central rescue email or can I able to set them up with there own works email.

It can be any email address, providing it hasn’t been used for another account (for example, another client’s account)

Would the profit and loss and balance sheet be set for that period of the year and the new year of April 2016 be set to the new year.

If that makes sense

The profit and loss would typically be for 1 accounting year, although this can be set to any period you like using the date range options at the top of the report.

The balance sheet is is sort of snapshot at a particular point in time. You just enter a date and it reports back where the business/organisation is at that point in time. Typically, this would be the last day in your accounting period.

Thanks I only do receipts and payments from 1 April 2015 to 31 March if that the correct date range for profit and loss

If you could tell me how to do this be great as I would than need to do a report as well from the information

As it is just income and outgoings

Graham

Whether or not this is the correct date range would depend on your set up. For limited companies for example, they have their own accounting periods usually defined by HMRC. If you’re unsure, I’m sure your accountant would be able to help you confirm this.

If your account is set up as year end 31st March on QuickFile, everything will default to that.

You can find a Profit & Loss report (P&L) under Reports > Profit and Loss. If it’s showing the wrong time period (e.g. this year instead of last), you can either enter the dates manually, or click the predefined date range button:

And then select your time period:

Your balance sheet is also found under ‘Reports’, except this only uses 1 date as it’s a snapshot more than the activity in a time period. You can just enter the the date, and click ‘Update’

What other information are you looking to find? If your account has access to your account, they can drill down into specific transactions or look at invoices etc. using the Chart of Accounts (also under Reports). Clicking the magnify glass on the nominal line will review the history behind it for a specified date range:

Hopefully that’s clear, but if you do need further help, please let me know :slight_smile:

Thanks I try that and find out more from the accountant

1 Like

thanks for this i set them up with their works email address is there any special setting i need to do for the account account.

there email is firstname.surname@sccb.ac.uk

many thanks
Graham