Getting logged out

Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that I have been getting logged out of Quickfile more often, I realise after a period of inactivity this is automatic, however it appears more random than that, I have just been half way through an estimate and saved changes, tried to send the document and the system logged me out! not sure whats going on but something has changed?

Rob

Hi @Rob

Had you logged in on another device or browser?

Not at the same time, no

Rob

Hi @Rob

Could there be anyone else logging into the account? I have passed this on to my colleagues and this should only happen if the session is over 2 hours or if there is another log in elsewhere

Hi Beth,

The only other person with access is my accountant, checking the team management, the last logon was in September, therefore answer to your question is no.

Rob

Hi @Rob

Thanks for confirming this for me - I have reported this back to the team so they can investigate

Hi @Rob

Are you able to confirm how long the period was from logging in to being logged out?

Hi Beth

Thats a difficult one because it appears to be so random, sometimes feels like minutes but in reality under 1/2 hour, some days more than others, its quite annoying, on more than one occasion I have had the logon screen overlay the main screen, will try and grab a screen shot next time it happens.

Rob

Hi Rob,
I had the same question a while ago and got this answer, which makes sense and hopefully is helpful for you too:

Thank you for your input, however I am being logged out at random periods well within a 1 hour period, thanks again

Rob

Just been logged out again mid use, screen shot attached.

Hi @Rob

Do you know how long you’ve been logged in before this happened?

Approximately for around 1 hour

I had been working on various pages and making saved changes so not been left without use for an hour.

Rob

Hi Rob,

The 2 hour log in timer starts from the moment you log in, it doesn’t matter whether it’s been left without use or not. So it may just be that’s what’s happening?

This is happening well within 2 hours, putting this aside, surely this should be set at a 2 hours of inactivity? getting logged off mid way through an estimate or whatever is not really acceptable is it?

Rob

Hi @Rob

We’re investigating this further with our development team and will update you shortly.

Hi @Rob

Please could you let us know the next time this happens to us to help us to determine what it is that’s causing you to be logged out

Will do, I will monitor login times also.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.