How to undo bulk tags

Hi

I thought I was being clever and bulk tagged a load of transactions to a loan account, however this was an error. I then deleted the transactions, and now my current account balance is at double what it should be

Please help!

Hi @dylan1010trust

Have you tried Reconciling your Current Account? For more information on how to do this, please check out the following guide: Reconciling your bank

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Hi Sian

Sorry, I think i’m being dim.

I’ve now got ‘7,570.98 over’

I take it there isn’t an undo button

Dylan

Hi @dylan1010trust

Unfortunately there isn’t a way of undoing a bulk tag.

How did you mean to tag the transactions? If it was just to a different nominal or bank account, it may be possible to move the entries.

Hi Matthew

If I’m honest, I’m not 100% sure what I was trying to do. But I had hoped by deleting the tranascations from the loan account ‘team expenses’ it would return them untagged to current account - but it has deleted the transacations entirely

Is there a quick way for me to re-upload these?

I could cry! We have a trustees meeting tonight!

How were they imported originally - for example, was it from a bank feed or were they manually entered?

The quickest way would be to get a CSV download from your online banking account, and this can be uploaded straight into QuickFile. It may just need a bit of tweaking beforehand though (depending on your bank account setup).

It was a bankfeed

Would the CSV upload create more duplicates or would it cancel these?

Thanks for your help

This is where it depends, and you may need to edit the file beforehand. But, what you could do, is try it on an empty bank account on your account (e.g. the petty cash account, if it’s unused) to see what would be imported. Providing they’re untagged, it’s easy enough to undo them.

If you get stuck though, please let us know.

Thanks Mathew

I’ve done it, and used the ‘conflict’ option

So now I’m only £130 out!

Reconciling your account as @QFSian suggested above would certainly help identify the issue. It’s likely to be a duplicated transaction hiding somewhere.

If you can get some bank statements, you can use the opening and closing balances from there to help narrow this down.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.