HSBC Export to quickfile

Hi

when i click on export to quickfile from within HSBC it says export failed there was a problem contacting the Quickfile server please try again later. parserror. syntax error:unexpected token.

Regards

Tony

Are you exporting the recent items or a historical statement. Are there definitely items on your export? Have you tried downloading the CSV and checking if there is anything there?

HI Glenn

its the recent items. There are 5 or 6 new items that are not yet in quickfile. if i download there are 9 items.

Regards

Tony

I’ve tested on our HSBC account and it appeared to work fine. It could be a few different things but it’s very hard to say without seeing the CSV file. Are you able to send me a copy on a private message so we can take a closer look?

Bank feeds are hit and miss I’m afraid, whenever banks change things on their side it can break our feed.

the message button does not appear when i click your avatar

Try now, I think it was a “new user” restriction.

Hi Glenn

Did you get the csv ok?

Thanks

Tony

Yes and I believe this export isn’t working due to a particular entry on the account (with chevrons). My suspicion is that these aren’t getting encoded correctly.

<E06000ZB1A>

I will refer this for now to confirm whether this is the case.

ok. thanks for your help

It was as suspected caused by those unencoded characters. We’ve just pushed out an update, if you check your list of extensions in Chrome, once it shows version 1.36, it should work. It may take 1-2 hours to update.

Please let me know how you get on.

Hi Glenn

I didn’t know how to update the extension so i removed it and re installed it. All working ok now.

Thanks for your help

Tony

Ok good to hear!

I will tentatively mark this as solved.