HSBC Yodlee Bank Feed Not Updating

Hi @abrarkhan,

I have enabled open banking for you. So you will need to remove the Yodlee feed and then set up the new feed through open banking

Hi, I seem to be having the same problem with HSBC. Did you get this resolved? Can anyone help with this please??
Thanks

Hi @caranevill

How many accounts do you have with HSBC - is it just the current account?

If it is, we can help set you up on Open Banking too if that would help?

One thing that has caught a few people out with the HSBC feed with bank asking them to upgrade to the new interface when logging into online banking. If Yodlee encounters this, it will fail as it requires a user action.

Hi @QFMathew

I have the same problems with the Yodlee feed for my FirstDirect account (part of HSBC). Could I try out the automated Open Banking feed as well? Has it been rolled out to all users yet? If so, what steps do I need to take to activate it?

Thanks.
Felix

We are gradually extending access for the new Open Banking feeds. From your dashboard take a look in the “Bank” menu, if you see an option there for “Open Banking” you should be able to use the new feeds.

I should however mention that we’ve not added FirstDirect to the list of supported Open Banking providers just yet. We are gradually widening the scope of supported banks as we work through any issues with the existing providers. If you have a HSBC account you will be able to link that one.

Yeah, I can see the OPEN BANKING FEEDS button in the BANKING menu.

Would you have any suggestion to why my bank feed isn’t updating since around 20th March? When do you expect FirstDirect to be supported on the Open Banking Feed?

Regarding the Yodlee feed it is worth first disconnecting and reconnecting the feed (we can set it to pull in any missing entries). Failing that we’d need to escalate to Yodlee’s support department, happy to do that for you.

In regards to Open Banking we hope that have this live in 4-6 weeks.

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Yodlee feed several times. It seems to accept all settings and login details but it’s not updating any entries from my bank statement which I can clearly see when logged in to my bank’s website.

Oh and also, when I manually press ‘Refresh Bank Feed’ it’ll ask me again to provide a security code for my bank. That never happened beforehand. Even when I enter that, it doesn’t update my bank feed.

Upon further checking and re-entering my bank login credentials I could only choose a Savings Account which is one of several accounts I have with FirstDirect. My Current Account which I’d like to use for the bank feed wasn’t visible.

Considering I paid for the Yodlee Bank Feed function, I would like to see this fixed as soon as possible. Do you reckon the problem is something to do with either QuickFile, Yodlee or my bank?

This interface is entirely controlled by Yodlee, so if an account is not showing there we’d need to escalate this to them so they can take a look. I will send you a private message now to get some further details.

1 Like

I too have had issues with updating my HSBC Business Account.
Eventually I did get it to refresh the other day but, this time it wasn’t able to go back to cover ALL days since last refresh :frowning:

Hi @Sparky

If you log into HSBC directly, do you see any messages (e.g. upgrading your interface, or update your information)?

As with the other users above, we can move your current account to the Open Banking feed if you prefer?

Hi Mathew,

HSBC are offering support for Sage, Xero and Quickbooks…but I can’t see any mention of Quickfile

Hi @Sparky

Can you let me know where you saw this please?

HSBC does support QuickFile through Open Banking.

It was a screen or popup in my business HSBC internet banking…I think.
Sorry to be so vague :roll_eyes:
I’ll try to take another look later to see if its in messages.

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I have a current account and a reserve account with HSBC. I have activated the feeds for both of them. As far as I can see, the reserve account feed is working, the current account, isn’t.

If I look under Banking > Open Banking Feeds I see this:

I have been through the procedure to activate the several times (apparently successfully) for the current account (Banking > All Bank Accounts > Options > Activate Bank Feed) but it’s still not updating the current account. There are 7 transactions since the last one that shows in the bank feed on 2 April.

(Or does it only update monthly after a statement is issued?)

Any clues, please?

Hi @Magicbean

The screenshot shows the connection with HSBC has been successful, but it’s not linked to a QuickFile bank account.

If you go to the current account and select More Options >> Activate Bank Feed, you will see an option to select a bank account. One thing to be sure of is that the HSBC logo is showing on the bank statement page.

Hi @QFMathew, thanks very much for your quick reply. I didn’t realise that what I had done didn’t also include the link to Quickfile account. I have done that now and I’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: HSBC Open Banking Feed

This topic was automatically closed after 57 days. New replies are no longer allowed.