Invoices and purchases still show after running year end

Hi
The end of the financial year. I have checked sales, invoices and bank statements all align. I then selected the end of year process.
Can you confirm that the sales pages and invoices just continue - I can see all the previous years invoices/purchases I don’t have a fresh/new page that has everything effectively starting from ‘scratch’ in the new year.
I have just had another thought (am running this in parallel this year with paper…) business mileage - is the a way i can add this if I have already locked down last year? Not a problem if I can not as will just supply on a spreadsheet, but useful to know for this year.
Many thanks
Barbara

Hi @ideas4learning

[quote=“ideas4learning, post:1, topic:16909”]
Can you confirm that the sales pages and invoices just continue - I can see all the previous years invoices/purchases[/quote]

Seeing them in your list of sales and purchases would be correct. We don’t archive these automatically, they stay where they are.

In effect, what the year end tool does is move any balances to a ‘retained profits/loss’ nominal code to aid with the end of year account process for your accountant.

There is a way to record mileage through the use of purchase invoices (please see this guide), although once a year has been locked, no more data can be entered for that period.

That’s not to say you can’t unlock that period and enter it, and relock it. You would need to delete the year end journal and remove or push the lock back from within your account settings.

Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.