Linking QuickFile with HMRC for VAT

Hi there

I’m trying to sync my QuickFile with HMRC. I took steps 1-7 from the guide HMRC Tax Accounts - MTD Returns to link the 2 accounts a month ago but now when I go to reports > HMRC > View > VAT Obligations it still hasn’t synced and says:

“Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update.”

The VAT number is correct and it’s been more than 24 hours so what should I do next to get them connected please?

Thanks
Helen

Have you received the confirmation email from HMRC saying that the setup is complete at their end? If not you’ll just have to sit tight and wait for that, it can take more than 24 hours particularly at busy periods just before a VAT return deadline when lots of people try to register at once.

They set it up a month ago I’d say its not 24 hour confirmation issue.

That error can appear when you haven’t linked your quickfile account correctly

Have you done the quickfile authorisation process? When you enable mtd in quickfile you need to attach your account to hmrc systems. The first time you do this you go through an authorisation process before it’s linked. Usually you receive a text message with a code to enter in the hmrc page your redirected to.

The error can also show when you have more than one account attached. Sometimes when you try to attach an account with errors you need to detach that account before the correct one works.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.