I am treasurer of an organisation that currently uses Sage Accounting Start. The structure of the Chart of Accounts seems similar to the Quickfile template. but Quickfile has better features, especially posting bank receipts where the net includes a bank charge, as well as better supplier ledger features.
The organisation banks with Barclays business banking and uses the automatic feed to link the current accounts with the ledgers. The financial year end is 31st December.
My plan is to run the Sage and Quickfile for a parallel period from 1st October 2021 to 31st December 2021. As the volume of transactions in the final quarter is very low, compared to the first quarter, this will serve as ‘proof of concept’ as well as to iron out any glitches. Essentially I intend to
- Set up a new company (unincorporated) in Quickfile
- Amend the chart of accounts in Quickfile to match the source from Sage
- Export a trial balance after producing the Q3 management accounts as at 30th September.
- Import the trial balance as opening balances in Quickfile
- Create the bank import feed in Quickfile - this would mean that our current accounts at Barclays will be feeding two systems (Sage and Quickfile)
- I will produce end of year accounts as at 31st December 2021 and, if everything then check out and if the Trustees are happy, I will cancel Sage
I would be most grateful for any comments, especially from the Quickfile team or from anyone who has run a migration from Sage Accounting Start.